Our clients have a significant portfolio and future pipeline that now requires an experienced planner/senior town planner to support the Land and Planning Department. As a key member of their team, you will be involved in sites from acquisition and helping with background research as part of the due diligence to help inform the purchase of sites. In addition, you will be tasked with assisting on major schemes that TH have acquired that are complex in nature and require pragmatic solutions in order to gain planning permission. Therefore, planning expertise, a sound knowledge of the planning system, communication skills and attention to detail are essential.
Working with the Land and Planning Team, you will meet regularly with all other departments, ranging from pre-construction to the Board, which provides an excellent platform for those that wish to work ‘client side’ or further their career in the housing industry. In addition, you will be given the necessary help from the Land and Planning Department to establish your role and further your experience working on some significant projects in London.
- Assisting the Planning Department in effective working relationships with local authoritie, consultants and agents within our clients area of operation.
- Regular dialogue and communication with Head of Planning and Planning Manager on day-to-day matters.
- Liaise and negotiate with planning officers, architects, consultants, third parties.
- Responsibility for preparing planning appraisals for each new potential acquisition.
- Ensure that appraisals are presented in a professional manner with required input from other internal or external parties in line with the Company’s procedures.
- Undertake research and analysis in preparing due diligence for potential acquisition sites including but not limited to planning policy and planning history including on neighbouring sites.
- Assist in the preparation of briefs to architects from feasibility stage through to planning instruction.
- Assist with preparing planning applications, including planning statements.
- Assist with coordinating consultant teams from acquisition through to determination of planning applications.
- Prepare responses to consultation drafts of Local Plan, GLA, National Planning documents, legislation and good practice.
- Attend Planning Meetings and keep management team fully informed of issues and progress.
- Prepare/make presentations at pre-application meetings, public consultation and planning committees as appropriate.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 2 to 4 years’ experience, ideally at Planning Consultancy or Developer.
- MRTPI qualification or in the process of applying for MRTPI.
- London Authority/GLA Experience desirable.
- Residential experience with examples of assisting on schemes which are 150 units plus.
- Be computer literate including Microsoft Office.
- Highly developed relationship management skills working closely with local authorities, public land owners and planning consultants/architects and a drive to creating new partnerships and relationships within the wider property development industry.
- Strong commercial acumen, motivated to enhance understanding and knowledge base in the wider property development industry.
- Have the ability to critically assess and analyse information with an attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, particularly the ability to lead others with regard technical know-how, market knowledge and credibility.
For more information, please contact Hannah Jackson