My client is a residential property group with homes across London and South East providing affordable, private and social rented homes, student, NHS and temporary accommodation, as well as supported housing and homes for older people. You will ensure full technical drawing packages from Planning consent through to RIBA Stage 3 and Stage 4 detailed design and project plans are completed to suit development programme. Manage the Co-ordination of your team to manage externally appointed professionals to complete each development on time and on budget ensuring that all internal client requirements are allowed for.
- Design programming and monitoring performance of external consultants.
- Managing Design process with external consultants to deliver Stages 3 and 4 in line with company standards and expectations.
- Create and manage process of workflow and liaison with Development manager and Project Coordinators.
- Provide necessary link between Development Team and Sales and Marketing Team managers.
- Provide advice and expertise to Main Contractors and additional layer of technical support during construction phase.
- Decision maker during design process on a number of projects running concurrently. Manage the technical team members and workload distribution and appropriate timescales. Set up new team methods of working processes and align with current practices.
- Work towards a standardised approach to design and specification for all tenures. Plus internal areas such as Bathrooms and kitchens.
- Provide a weekly update to Technical Director on programme and progress. Contribute to monthly reports and weekly team updates
Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience of working on mixed tenure private/affordable apartment developments
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Adobe, Autodesk and Microsoft software products.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as function as part of a wider team.
- A strong team player who is highly organised and dedicated to meeting the project deadlines.
- Ability to influence and communicate with people at all levels of the business to ensure achievements of goals
- Attention to detail and accuracy of reporting
- Encourage and support others to make the best use of their abilities
- Able to analyse a problem and propose a solution using all resources available.
Qualifications / training:
- Proven experience in a Technical role or equivalent
- MCIOB or working towards full membership status
For more information please contact Hannah Jackson
020 3947 3260