Our Client’s London portfolio comprises a multitude of high net worth, highly complex and challenging schemes, which in turn require stringent, proven and effective operational prowess to maintain and manage. The demands of one scheme will not be the same as the next; however, the overarching policy and procedure of our Client must be adhered to and delivered on an individual basis, depending on the client, the customer and the scheme itself.
The success of their London operation cannot be called into doubt and it remains crucial that a comprehensive analysis of Mechanical and Electrical equipment, tendering specifications and maintenance regimes are in hand and that an appropriate maintenance framework, geared at the appropriate levels and frequencies exists, to ensure that the facilities across the London portfolio remain in exceptional condition.
The Technical Manager tasked with delivering the above will focus heavily on ensuring that the liability of our Client remains as low as it possibly can, in terms of the function and operation of M&E arrangements. The Technical Manager will also be expected to take time to ensure that correct and orthodox handover of M&E occurs and that the Operation and Maintenance manuals are complied with. Asset registers together with consideration to contracts, tender specifications and maintenance arrangements and sums reserved will also need to be considered. Ultimately, the Technical Manager is to ensure that the least possible disruption to the effective running of services throughout the London portfolio.
The Technical Manager will not have any direct reports; however, the Technical Manager will have authority and scope to direct, instruct DMs and ensure that reasonable and appropriate attention be applied to any irregularities identified. General line management responsibility will however remain with the Senior Estates Manager and Associate Director (Operations) for each scheme.
The Technical Manager should be mindful of pre-existing line management relationships and take time to discuss any potentially contentious requirements with the Regional Operations Director (“ROD”) prior to implementation, so as to ensure that these are fully considered in advance of their execution.
- Provide support to site based estates management staff located throughout London and the home counties.
- Ensure that site based estate management staff within London and the Home Counties complies with our Clients operating procedures including monitoring of Mechanical and Electrical equipment.
- Assist with the implementation of any plant related training requirements and procedures as required, in consultation with the ROD.
- Ensure that adherence, oversight and awareness of Operations and Maintenance manuals resulting in adherence to these documents so as to maintain associated warrantees, reporting any failures or deficiencies to the ROD.
- Assist the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) with ensuring that site based estates management staff comply with Health & Safety legislation and that all Mechanical and Electrical equipment is maintained and serviced in accordance with best practice, seeking advice, guidance, support and instruction from internal HSE staff and reporting findings to the ROD.
- Review of record keeping to record observance of maintenance regimes that accord with the requirements of the O&Ms, best practice, company policy and the law. Taking time to ensure that records are updated and remain accessible to those with a need to review them.
- Ensure that DMs retain stringent operational awareness of actions being requested of contractors, where works tasked should be raised strictly in accordance with the Manager’s requirements with specific instructions. The Premier Estate’s brand, nor safety, must suffer because of unsafe / inferior workmanship, poor attention to detail or unrealistic billing.
- Record and assess the performance and capability of contractors tasked to operate on behalf of our Clients to ensure that their efforts meet their requirements. Where doubt or concerns exist, these should be brought to the attention of the ROD.
- Assist the ROD, as directed, with the sourcing of new contractors if any gaps exist in the stable of contractors that operate on the portfolio.
- Provide additional support to DMs, where major works are scheduled, confirming that appropriate consultation has occurred in accordance with legislation, company policy and best practice, together with the overall scope of the planned works. Taking time to consider plans for all reasonably perceived practical requirements, factoring potential pitfalls and issues that could arise.
- Ensure that documentation is saved and populated to company computer systems as per company policy and to ensure that records contained on ‘Qube’ are maintained and that they receive regular updates to allow each scheme to be managed effectively.
- Keep up to date with existing and changing legislation and assist in ensuring that the company’s operations in London and the Home Counties comply with legislative requirements.
- Review and consider the effectiveness and thoroughness of regular inspections conducted by DMs to ensure that the calibre and standard of inspections and inspection reports remain precise, reflective and appropriate, with deficiencies being discussed with the ROD.
- Liaise with site based estates management staff to ensure that any gaps in FM training are identified and brought to the attention of the ROD.
- A thorough bi-monthly review on DM inspection reports and actions should occur to ensure that maintenance and compliance issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
Scheme Management Duties
- Review and assess engineering insurance and claims across high net worth schemes to determine any common traits that could be lessened in order to reduce claim lodgements.
- Assist DMs in reviewing plans, specifications, tenders for cyclical maintenance, major repairs and routine contracts. Assisting the ROD and HSE in monitoring works to completion, whilst liaising with DMs as appropriate.
- Remain available to participate in regular monthly reviews of the portfolio with ADOs and ROD to consider and discuss equipment servicing, maintenance and management services and to aim for commonalities on how these are dispensed, undertaken and recorded.
- Undertake tasks as directed by the ROD to review and assist ADOs with the implementation of planned maintenance schedules throughout the London and the Home Counties in accordance with best practice, contractual obligations and as per legislation.
- Undertake other general duties as required from time to time commensurate with the management of residential property in accordance with industry best practice.
- Undertake other general duties as required from time to time to assist in the success of our Client.
- A minimum of 36 months’ experience supporting senior executives in a similar role.
- Experience of Mechanical and Electrical arrangements, management of asset registers and tender specifications.
- Experience of managing a busy and demanding workload.
- Knowledge of Qube software package, Microsoft Visio and SharePoint.
- Exhibit confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
- High standards of personal presentation.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Eloquent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team working and people skills.
- Professional telephone manner and overall demeanour.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a busy workload.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Capable of working on own initiative and managing own workload effectively, and as part of a team.
- Capable of formatting and presenting information to high standards.
- Effective time management. Strong organisational skills.
- Proactive, positive, friendly and flexible attitude.
- Professional and firm when required.
- Experience of the property industry.
- Educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of Qube software package, Microsoft Visio and SharePoint.
Contact Hannah Jackson 020 3947 3260 firstname.lastname@example.org