The role is to play an active role within the Property and Asset Management team under the direction of more senior surveying staff and to discharge a range of property management based surveying tasks in conjunction with Accounts and Facilities Management colleagues with client contact. More extensive details are set out below.
What this job involves
- Tenants application to assign leases/licences
- Tenants application to sub-let leases/licences
- Manage tenant lease charge requests
- RPI Rent Review calculations and documentation
- Insurance claim management
- Insurers risk improvement management
- Assisting with the annual insurance renewal
- Collation of documents for pre contract enquires
- Collation of documents required for property transitions; sales, purchases, lettings
- More straightforward property inspections at the direction of the line manager
- Preparation of pro-formas seeking client instructions for all of the above
- Assist in the preparation of client reports
- To manage the fee raising/payment process from invoice instruction to payment being received for all of the above
- Other property management tasks at the direction of the line manager
- To maintain CPD and other professional experience to the standards required of our client
This specific role also contains some more specialist reporting and data management duties:
- The manual production, maintenance and verification of Landlord & Tenant data and schedules
- Taking a lead role in the annual production of 5 yearly Cashflow and Budget forecast.
- Taking a lead role in the production of monthly, quarterly and annual client Property Management and Financial reporting including detailed Budget vs Actual Variance Analysis.
- Analytical, detailed and meticulous approach to data management and previous experience in database use.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent numeric skills and ability to write succinct and grammatically correct business correspondence.
- An analytical ability to gather and summarise data for inclusion in client reports and recommendations and to propose solutions where required
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly is essential
- Ability to understand and to operate property management procedures
- Practical understanding of commercial property management including leases, buildings and basic client and tenant deliverables is essential.
- Experience / working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills to interact with colleagues and clients.
- Must be customer service driven and have excellent communication skills.
- Proactive and positive attitude, with a desire to learn.
- Ability to work independently but under the supervision of a more senior surveyor
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time effectively and meet key deadlines
It would additionally be beneficial to have a working knowledge of:
- Property Management and Landlord & Tenant Contract Administration.
- Service Charge Accounting.
- Cashflow Forecasting.
- Double-Entry, Profit & Loss and Trial Balance Accounting.
For further information please contact Martha –
020 3947 3257