My client is a residential property group with homes across London and South East providing affordable, private and social rented homes, student, NHS and temporary accommodation, as well as supported housing and homes for older people.
You will undertake planning assessments and research for sites being investigated by the Strategic Land team. To support the Strategic Land team’s work in promoting sites through the Local Plan process, via planning applications and at appeal.
- To undertake to research and assessment on the long-term planning potential of strategic land opportunities.
- To undertake initial site assessments (via site visit) and land registry / title searches for land comprising, and in the vicinity of, Strategic land opportunities being considered by the team for promotion.
- To be responsible for the preparation and co-ordination of small scale pre-application submissions and minor amendment planning applications, liaising with the appropriate Local Authorities as well as over-seeing the application process from start to finish, including managing any subsequent appeals.
- To assist the Strategic Land team in instructing architects, and other consultants as appropriate and necessary, procuring relevant and accurate surveys to enable the successful promotion of strategic land opportunities.
- To provide professional expertise and advice on all planning matters, ensuring the advice given is responsive to the changing external environment.
- To liaise internally with appropriate staff to ensure layout and design reflect accurately the requirements of the Commercial, Technical, Construction, Sales and Marketing and Quality and Procurement teams, to meet both internal and external standards in a cost-effective manner, and maximising profit generation.
- To produce in conjunction with the Head of Strategic Land and Strategic Land Manager budgets for planning applications to be incorporated within the scheme viability and to then effectively monitor that budget once approved, ensuring costs are maintained within budget constraints, and reporting in advance where variances are identified.
- To keep abreast of legislative changes, policy and procedural issues affecting planning and housing development and contributing towards the formulation of policy/procedure within the Group.
- To produce in conjunction with the Head of Strategic Land and Strategic Land Manager budgets for planning applications to be incorporated within the scheme viability and to then effectively monitor that budget once
Knowledge / Skills:
- Track record in residential development
- Track record in strategic land
- Track record in negotiating planning permissions and planning Agreements with landowners/developers Experience of Project Management/Joint working
- Delivers to deadlines & budgets
- Commercial acumen
Qualifications / training:
- RTPI Degree in Town Planning or comparable
- RICS Qualification
Contact Hannah Jackson 020 3947 3260 email@example.com