The purpose of this role is to deliver strategy and to support the Technical Manager in the delivery of agreed sites. Taking overall responsibility for technical staff and activity across agreed sites.
Management of Consultants
- Prepare and develop briefs by collating relevant information, as briefed by the Technical Manager.
- Brief specialist consultants to produce site specific advice and information (e.g. soils and contamination investigation).
- Manage external design consultants to produce detailed design package from approved planning drawings.
- Manage consultants to prepare and submit Building Regulation package and ensure compliance with NHBC warranty conditions.
- Manage consultants to ensure discharge of planning conditions.
- Understand the procurement schedule and track consultants progress to ensure their timeline matches the procurement timeline.
- Assist Technical Manager to ensure external consultants fulfil responsibilities under CDM Regulations.
- Provide information for the submission of external materials; considering visual, manufacturer and commercial aspects for approval of the Technical Manager.
- Follow technical procedures and feedback suitable and relevant improvements.
- Manage and report on any non-compliance with procedures.
- Manage and minute package review meetings.
- Oversee the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc to share with the team.
- Manage the approval process including Code for Sustainable Homes/BREEAM, Secure by Design etc.
- Oversee approval process including Code for Sustainable Homes/BREEAM, Secure by Design etc.
- Liaise with the Sales department and assist in the coordination of sales materials.
- Arrange and track package review meetings.
- Arrange for pre-completion sound testing and air pressure testing to satisfy Building Control requirements.
- Manage the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc to share with the team.
- Ensure accuracy of technical information.
- Co-ordinate conveyance plans and legal packs for each project.
- Monitor the discharge of S106 payments throughout the project.
- Attend monthly project review meetings to ensure full integration of design process within the business.
- Update design in line with comments/updates from PRS agents, HA agents and commercial agents and inform the consultants if required.
- Oversee implementation of any 3rd party requirements e.g. ER’s and manage variations.
- Ensure compliance with 3rd party requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the design programme.
- Attend regular 121s with Technical Manager.
- Highlight exceptions and challenges to Technical Manager.
- Provide weekly reports on technical queries and cost sensitive issues to the Technical Manager.
- Attend subcontractor pre-start and post-contract meetings to ensure they are correctly briefed.
- Visit site to ensure seamless transition from Design to Construction phase.
- Attend Project Team Meetings on site.
- Respond to technical queries from all departments and site.
- Create an environment to drive engagement.
- Drive effective collaborative relationships with colleagues in other departments.
- Manage the performance of Technical Coordinators, 121s, appraisal and dealing with under performance.
- Role model and drive the practice of our clients People Behaviours.
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings.
- Support Technical Manager in the recruitment process.
- Promote engagement and collaboration across own projects.
- Set day to day workload with direct reports.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a technical role.
- Experience of working on a mixed tenure private/affordable apartment development.
- 2 years’ experience of supervising junior employees.
- Working towards Membership of a relevant professional organisation (e.g. RIBA, MCIOB etc).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of Auto CAD.
- Leadership skills including:
- Setting objectives,
- Giving feedback.
- Strong and consistent performance.
- Respect for our people and customers.
- Team work.
- Integrity and commitment.
For more information, please contact Hannah Jackson