The department and role
The individual will take immediate responsibility for the management of their own properties and projects. This role offers first-rate prospects for a confident, enthusiastic, committed individual.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but prestigious team, working alongside the Head of International Clients for UK Property Management (a Senior Director), a Director and team of property managers to assist with the management of prime investment properties for the overseas clients investing in the UK. This role is a vital part of a busy, high performing team where you will be engaged on a variety of activities.
In addition, with the potential to expanding the client base, the individual will be tasked with achieving objectives set out in the department’s business plans and beyond.
There is a supporting team of facilities managers, building managers and our 24hr tenant Helpdesk.
The role will require liaison with the full complement of property management staff across the business including employees of our clients, as well as staff across other business lines such as agency, lease advisory, building consultancy and investment agency.
- Providing high quality Property Management services
- Liaising with the clients, their solicitors and tenants on daily basis
- Preparing reports for and leading client meetings
- Identifying and undertaking asset management initiatives under supervision
- Advising the client in respect of tenancy applications and controlling the licence process
- Instructing and liaising with facilities managers and building consultants in respect of repairs and planned maintenance programmes
- Carrying out regular property inspections
- Management of Lease / Tenancy Schedules
- Liaising with Facilities Managers in respect of service charge budgeting and reporting and undertaking regular service charge expenditure monitoring and reporting
- Liaising with the client accounting team on production of annual service charge budgets, approving reconciliations, rent raising reports etc.
- Management of income arrears and recovery (supported by a dedicated credit controller), invoice approvals, setting up new properties, maintaining the property database, updating the Helpdesk and Tramps, etc
- Preparing revenue budgets and quarterly forecast reporting with the support of a qualified accountant and finance department assistance
- Facilitating regular tenant meetings with strong occupier engagement skills
- Due diligence for acquisition and disposals
- Attendance at team and department meetings
Essential qualifications & experience
- Strong experience within a commercial property management department
- Proven experience of direct reporting to property management clients
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Managing lease events, rent reviews and expiries
- Making recommendations on tenant applications
- Solid Landlord and Tenant knowledge.
- Property Management Accounting knowledge – statements of account, service charges, VAT, arrears recovery, etc
- Previous use of Tramps or Horizon property accounting packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with a high level of attention to detail
- Pro-active “can do” approach – a good team worker
- Client facing and committed
- Confident in ability to work autonomously – uses initiative / self starter
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Professional and presentable
- Enthusiastic, reliable, flexible and friendly
- Full clean driving licence
For further information pleasae contact Martha -
020 3947 3257