To manage and take overall control of the delivery of a single large project. To lead on all construction matters through all stages of design, procurement and construction; focusing on the delivery of the project to a high quality in terms of workmanship, programme and within agreed budgets.
Health & Safety
- Ensure all health & safety plans are produced and maintained and the Site Manager implements relevant procedures.
- Maintain personal health and safety by following company guidelines.
- Act as the health & safety interface with third parties.
- Attend quarterly health & safety forums and communicate to the project team.
- Attend health & safety training and maintain the minimum level of qualification the position requires.
Quality and Delivery
- Oversee construction, ensuring works are carried out to meet NHBC and building control standards, are in accordance with the drawing specification and contract documents, and the highest standards of quality and workmanship are maintained.
- Produce Project Programmes, communicate these to site teams to implement, and regularly monitor and report on progress.
- Lead the development and production of Scope of Works.
- Attend and contribute to package and procurement reviews.
- Assist the Technical Manager with design coordination and buildability and attend design meetings to ensure complete and correct information is issued.
- Lead and monitor the installation of utilities.
- Oversee and monitor requisition of materials and plant, and the schedule and call off of deliveries by the site team.
- Monitor implementation of site QA procedures.
- Assist in the appointment of subcontractors during the construction and tender phase and assess suitability of:
- Health & Safety,
- Programme compliance,
- Design and procurement resources.
- Develop, manage and maintain good working relationships with the client/customer to uphold the company reputation and brand.
- Ensure good knowledge of contract ER’s of third parties.
- Produce periodic reports for client meetings.
- Monitor, report and action customer extras and variations.
- Instigate, control and run projects from contract award to handover within budgetary constraints.
- Assist with the preparation, monitoring and control of the pre-lims budget.
- Oversee and implement the requirements of section 106 and planning conditions.
- Liaise with the local neighbourhood and community, and ensure the company image is maintained and enhanced.
- Ensure site teams comply with requirements of the CCS.
- Engage with and host site visits with relevant parties.
- Ensure staff understand their roles and responsibilities, manage and mentor them, and provide training and guidance.
- Support and develop good working relationships between all parties and lead by example, acting in a respectful and professional manner.
- Sit in and support with appraisals (where appropriate).
- Assist the Construction Manager with performance, disciplinary and grievance matters.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A track record of successful delivery of projects.
- Experience across a variety of construction types.
- Proven experience of managing a team of people.
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality, in line with targets.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Educated to degree level – Desirable.
- Basic knowledge of ASTA Power Project – Desirable.
- MCIOB – Desirable.
- Broad range of construction experience including main contract and mixed tenure private/affordable apartment developments – Desirable.
- A strong manager; highly organised and dedicated to meeting site deadlines.
- Ability to oversee and manage a team.
- Ability to present plans clearly and concisely and in ways that ensure understanding.
- Ability to use initiative and be pro-active in seeking and presenting solutions to issues, to ensure the smooth running and delivery of a project.
- Ability to balance several priorities and manage a team to deliver these.
- Ability to influence and communicate with people at all levels of the business, to ensure achievement of goals.
- Ability to set demanding but achievable objectives for others and yourself.
- Ability to inspire commitment from others.
For more information, please contact Hannah Jackson