Business Generation & Fee Generation
- To ensure smooth day to day management of a prestigious portfolio to ensure effective delivery to residents and the clients along with strategic asset management.
- To produce and monitor the Service Charge budgets for the portfolio both annually and for reserve funds.
- To monitor receipts from residents and ensure arrears are minimised through credit control and legal recovery. To liaise with landlord’s solicitors as required on arrears.
- To ensure fees are raised in a timely manner.
- To maintain databases accurately and ensure documents and other records are filed in accordance with protocols.
- To deputise for the Partner in charge for primary client contact in his absence
- To liaise with the Facilities Management Team to ensure effective delivery to residents.
- To communicate effectively with residents, resident associations and the Landlord, and develop positive relationships with regular formal and informal contact.
- To take responsibility for delivering the quarterly written client reporting from departments across the firm
- To prepare and submit Section 20 Notices and collect funds for major works from leaseholders, as required.
- To deal with estate management scheme issues
- To negotiate lease alterations premiums and compensation for freehold consents
- To prepare service charge budgets and monitor spending.
- To ensure Lease terms are enforced and any breaches dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- To obtain quotations, instruct works, manage contractors and monitor performance
- To manage cyclical contracts for the portfolio
- To liaise professionally and efficiently with external advisers, as and when required.
- To understand the business together with a keen awareness of the competition and act and appear as a professional person responding with a positive approach at all times, reflecting the high standards that the team and the brand and image require.
- To ensure reporting and provision of correspondence to residents and client is in line with best practise
- To build and maintain goodwill, confidentiality and trust with prospective and existing clients at all times in order to foster the professional image of the Partnership.
- To continue to develop personally and professionally and attend training sessions necessary for the performance of the role.
- To perform other tasks delegated by the Partner in charge as required
- To line manage Building Managers and site staff, and mentor Asset Managers
- To assist and liaise with the accounting personnel to improve financial reporting and knowledge on the performance of the service charge (collection, budgeting and expenditure) including recovery of arrears.
- To liaise with Building Consultancy Department on major works projects and other associated matters relating to the maintenance and repair of individual buildings.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the overall Estate is managed in an efficient, cohesive and professional manner.
- To promote the lines of business in a proactive manner with all contacts inside and outside of the firm.
Qualifications/Education Ideally Required
- Degree educated
- At least two years experience in block management
- Experience with managing prime central London estates for prestigious freeholders would be desirable
- IRPM qualification
Particular Aptitudes/Skills Required
- Entrepreneurial focus on delivering returns for clients
- Have the necessary personality, skills and qualifications to balance the requirements of residents and clients
- Personality and flair to communicate with others in a professional and helpful manner at all levels in a variety of communication styles.
- A flexible, adaptable and a co-operative attitude
- A self-starter with a good degree of initiative and self-motivation who can deliver effective work without the need for close management
- Excellent grammar and spelling
Please email Martha for more information - email@example.com