The Regional Operations Manager executes the business plan for an assigned area of properties. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing multiple properties, be a motivator, a good communicator, and a hands-on manager. This role will have direct accountability over Property Managers to ensure that financial and operational objectives are met in accordance with corporate policies and procedures in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations.
The Regional Operations manager will be responsible for the following goals:
• Ensuring that each community achieves or exceeds business plan
• Each community is properly maintained per company standards and high resident satisfaction
Budgetary Control, Asset Management & NOI Enhancement
• In conjunction with the Executive Management Team and the Community Director(s), formulate, review and approve budgets for each community within the region for the upcoming year and ensure the communities stay within budget guidelines throughout the year.
• In conjunction with individual Property Managers, prepare rent increases under the direction of the Asset Management Team.
• Assist with rent collection as needed.
• Review and analyse monthly property financial statements with the on-site staff, including income and expense analysis and preparation of the Cash Flow Status Report.
• Review and approve all bids prior to submission.
• Approve and authorise contracts, such as grounds maintenance and rubbish removal.
Leasing & Marketing
• Assist Property Managers in the development, implementation and management of a successful marketing plan for each community.
• Monitor occupancy levels and associated reports in order to monitor traffic and closing performance.
• Close attentiveness to revenue management and revenue growth. Continually strive to increase the revenue positions of the communities under your management. Maintain a balance between market demands and consistent leasing activity.
• Closely work with the teams to continually review and modify marketing schemes to maintain competitiveness. Be aware of all marketing trends in the competitive market. Monitor and measure each marketing scheme for effectiveness and success, adapt each marketing scheme to improve results.
Project Contact & Oversight
• Conduct interim inspections and follow-up as needed to ensure action on all inspections have been performed.
• Preform regular and routine physical inspections of each community, identify any deficiencies and issues with the buildings and coordinate necessary repairs.
• Conduct periodic audit of on-site files.
• Prepare and submit the annual project inspection reports.
• Build and maintain partnerships with local and regional suppliers and service providers. Work with trade partners to ensure best pricing, best practices and quality and completeness of work.
• Determine staffing needs and recruit, hire and orient staff in accordance with the Company and Equality Act regulations and guidelines.
• Assist Property Managers in resolving employee issues concerning performance evaluations, employee disciplinary actions or other related basic employee management issues.
• Ensure training requirements are being met by on-site staff within assigned area.
• Review tenant survey results. Create action plans for staff who fail to meet minimum requirements
• Prepare, submit and maintain accurate HR records, reports and paperwork (invoices, time cards, new joiner / leaver information, employee counselling and performance appraisals).
• Create and sustain a positive work environment at communities and accomplish the objectives of the Company’s Performance Management program.
• Mentor your respective community teams on property management skills and business operations, and new concepts
• Be a role model of effective leasing and customer service techniques and clearly communicate demonstrate your expectations to your respective teams.
• Clearly communicate and articulate company expectations regarding financial goals, community performance goals and proper and professional business operations requirements.
• Demonstrate through business management skills the creation of a plan and follow through of the plan, project and task management and team management skills.
• Deal with escalated resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
• Collaborate with Property Managers on resident retention programs.
• Train and assist property teams to build onsite communities.
• Provide leadership and direction for site associates when handling rent delinquencies, resident disputes and disruptions.
• Regularly monitor resident satisfaction and ensure follow up on the results.
• Prepare all reports and correspondence and handle queries, complaints and/or problems timely and accurately.
• Represent the Company in the region where designated projects are located.
• Cooperate with the Director of UK Property Operations in the performance of staff maintenance functions and provide assistance.
• Ensure all projects in the region follow national regulations and policies.
• Handle any other special assignments as directed by the Director of UK Property Operations
• Provide IT / Operating software training to new joiners
• Oversee and ensure that market surveys are conducted on a regular basis. Engage leasing team to perform routine surveys of competitive properties. Utilise market information data to make strategic decisions to improve and optimise leasing and increase revenues.
• Explore and implement ‘other income’ and revenue sharing opportunities.
• Develop corporate outreach programmes and oversee site teams execution of this strategy.
• Identify the micro-market and macro-market promotional needs of the specific communities or areas and facilitate the development and implementation of marketing plans to accomplish objectives.
• Maintain a consistent awareness of property occupancies, financial performance, and seasonal trends to identify upcoming staffing, maintenance, and marketing needs. Plan and implement solutions to meet those needs in conjunction with Community Directors.
• Multi-Site management experience preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ on-site property management experience.
• Supervisory experience of at least 5 employees.
• Proficiency in Yardi property management software or comparable software applications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other computer applications
• Must have Valid Driving Licence and be prepared for weekly travel throughout the UK.
• Ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships including contractors, suppliers, property managers, senior management and external capital partners and lenders.
• Demonstration of Leadership skills and ability to motivate teams to achieve company objectives.
• Understanding of revenue generation (including other income) and cost control.
• Possession of excellent customer service, communication and organisational skills
• Understanding and knowledge of regulatory / legislative requirements pertaining to property management.
Please email Martha for more information - email@example.com