Opportunity to be a part of a leading and well-established property services company that manages close to 300,000 units throughout the United Kingdom.
The role includes oversight and appointment of managing agents for a portfolio of properties as well as liaising with these managing agents, residents, and RTM/3rd party management companies on the Landlord’s behalf.
- Day to day responsibility for a portfolio of primarily residential properties.
- Regular liaison with managing agents, leaseholders, residents, resident associations, and 3rd party management companies.
- Dealing with exceptional leaseholder issues and complaints providing prompt and pragmatic solutions to property management, or managing agent issues.
- Attending meetings with leaseholders and RA’s to build relationships and avoid RTM risk.
- Assisting with and resolving landlord and tenant issues raised by internal legal, insurance, finance, consents and asset investigations teams.
- Due diligence on acquisitions and liaison with internal teams and third party solicitors.
- Ensuring all statutory requirements relating to the portfolio including health, safety and fire risk assessment are implemented or advised.
- Site inspections where property management issues arise, or with potential acquisitions.
Skills and knowledge: essential
- Graduate with AssocRICS, MIRPM or MRICS professional qualifications
- 5 years’ experience of residential block management.
- Knowledge of RICS Residential Service Charge Code, ARMA-Q standards, health and safety regulations, Landlord & Tenant and RTM legislation, ground rents, service charge budgeting and accounts, maintenance & repairs, major works projects, s.20 consultations, FTT processes and dispute resolution.
- Well organised, strong attention to detail, excellent written/communication/CRM skills.
- Confidence in conducting and presenting meetings.
- Good proficiency and working knowledge of Cube database, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Reliability and ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and tenacious.
Skills and knowledge: desirable
- Previous experience working for a client side property company, ground rent investor/manager or in private practice.
- Experience of property acquisitions.
- Knowledge of property development.
- Telephone customer service
- Data input
- Working with IT efficiently
- Confident in letter writing/Communication
- Exceptional problem solving
- Ability to use initiative and to work to strict deadlines