Responsible for delivering an excellent service to the customers across an area patch and investment portfolio. You will have the required authority, skill and support to creatively address the needs of your customers.
- Being a dedicated one point of contact for your customers
- Delivering operational performance against targets and KPI’s
- Delivering an excellent service on budget
- Ordering and managing repairs and maintenance
- Carrying their property and estate inspections
- Managing tenancy issues
- Compliance – legislative, industry and H&S
- Create excellent customer relationships with all residents (existing and perspective) by sending regular updates and communication in a professional manner even when delivering difficult messages.
- Welcome all new residents and introduce them to the services our client provides.
- Keep meticulous records of all customer contact on the systems to ensure a full audit trail exists.
- Issue useful tenancy and property information to new tenants (e.g. location of all meters, stop cocks, utility information and local amenities).
- Arrange appointments, and attend where necessary, with tenants for maintenance work and obtain regular customer feedback.
- Formulating action plans for all ongoing tenant issues until a resolution is achieved.
- Keeping scheme information details for your patch up to date with key information and ongoing issues for utilisation by the team to ensure continuity of service during periods of leave.
- Seek appropriate support and advice from surveyors and specialist contractors where necessary to diagnose and resolve complex repair issues. Liaise with the Property Asset Management Team regarding pre planned maintenance works to ensure stock is well maintained, ensuing we fulfil our client role to ensure value for money.
- Effectivley manage ASB issues as and when they arise in line with the policy.
- Carry out, with precision, regular and scheduled internal and external inspections and complete and file inspection reports for future reference.
- Arrange lock changes and ensure a management set of keys is retained and registered in the key management system.
- Ensure communal areas and neighbourhoods are clean, safe and well maintained by working with the contractors, caretakers or cleaners as required.
- Manage contractors, cleaners, caretakers and landscape contractors in line with contracts and SLA’s.
- Ensure properties are in excellent condition to let and ensure void works are carried out in line with tenants requirements.
- Deal with tenancy surrenders and vacating tenants to include ensuring pre-void inspections are carried out, outstanding monies are collected and the properties are left in good condition.
- Attend user tours, particularly at new schemes, to familiarize yourself with any new development to be under your management.
- Ensure all M&E equipment has been placed under a maintenance contract with asset management.
- Liaise with the letting and marketing teams to keep up to date with developments within your patch and assist with setting rent levels.
- Attend handover (receiving keys) ensuring check list of items demonstrated is signed off and cosmetic issues are identified and documented.
- Manage the defects process, reporting and recording all defects cases to ensure a satisfactory outcome of us and the residents.
- Create robust specifications for void works, establishing costs and timescales for works in a swift and cost effective manner.
Health and Safety
- Maintain 100% compliance for gas, electric, asbestos, FRAs, personal safety device usage and legionella testing where applicable.
- Ensure all voids are H&S compliant (i.e. ensure valid gas certificate, electrical safety cert, EPCs, smoke alarms)
- Effectively manage and be accountable for the expenditure for all properties within your portfolio including the repairs budget for your schemes, reinvestment budget and flagging potential high spends/overspends to management.
- Work with the management team to formulate a long term budget and plan for the buildings and properties you manage.
- Recharge tenants for repairs as and when necessary.
- Receipting all completed works to ensure contractors are paid swiftly on receipt of invoice.
- Ensure you follow the financial regulations, policies and procedures at NHG.
- Ensure that you follow relevant Health and Safety policies and related procedures, keeping up to date with changes and taking action to maintain personal health and safety and that of others.
- Ensure that you undertake any corporate responsibilities as required, including leading investigations and hearings in formal processes across the business.
The tasks and responsibilities outlined above are not exhaustive, the post holder may undertake other duties as is reasonably required.
For further information please contact Martha -
020 3947 3257