My client is a residential property group with homes across London and South East providing affordable, private and social rented homes, student, NHS and temporary accommodation, as well as supported housing and homes for older people. To effectively manage the procurement process of the sub-contractors and material suppliers ensuring budgets and delivery and start programme dates are met on ‘direct build’ projects and to manage the contract tender and procurement process where we seek to use a principal Contractor whilst ensuring a continued working relationship with both internal and external clients at all times.
- To prepare and issue out tender packages for each sub-contractor and material suppliers (or Main contractor where required) for new developments in a timely manner
- To analyse and negotiate tenders received, ensuring contracts are agreed and placed in line with the programme and remain within the agreed budget. This applies to both ‘direct build’ and design and build contracts. Day to day project level decision maker
- To assist the estimator in the preparation of construction costs and budgets plus materials schedule for direct purchase items where required
- To assist the land, Planning technical and construction teams at all stages to ensure build costs are controlled, highlighting the various build cost options available and providing specialist advice on construction material costs where required
- To monitor and check the quality and cost of suppliers’ materials, resolving any issues they may have in relation to the build and design programme
- To maintain and update a network of suitable sub-contractors, suppliers and materials, along with their Health and Safety documents and associated historic reports
- To manage monthly liabilities within Pamwin, ensuring the costs remain within budget as well as forecasting ahead and providing analysis for cost to complete figures
- To oversee the costs throughout the construction phases including the management of variations, incentives and purchasers’ extras where necessary
- To agree final accounts in a timely manner and process retention releases at the appropriate time.
- Continually monitor costs and seek to ensure value for money. Responsible for all cost control and reporting through to your head of department
- Work to enhance the functional standards of the department, creating efficiencies and increasing performance between staff, business systems and other departments.
- Assist in negotiations with Main contractors from tender process through to completion of works on site and final account agreement
- Provide regular monthly commercial reports to be fed back to the Commercial Manager. Taking consideration for variations and instructions to contractor, extensions of time, cost analysis and view on programme and timings
Qualifications / training:
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
- You will be qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
- Accredited to a professional body is desirable
Knowledge / Skills:
- 3-5 years plus experience in this role and working environment
- Track record of procuring, managing and maintaining financial control to set budgets both via sub-contractors on ‘direct build’ developments but also with principal contractors where a Design and Build procurement route is taken
- Demonstrable/substantial experience in a site surveying role working for a new build residential developer
- Understanding of different construction methods
- Experience of dealing and negotiating with multiple contractors and consultants.
- Competent user in Microsoft packages such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook as well as the ability to learn new software
- Ability to interpret legal and regulatory documents in relation to construction and building regulations
- Have experience of using online drawing and information management systems to assist in procurement process
- Effective and proven negotiator with contractors, sub-contractors and professional organisations.
- Enthusiasm, resilience, resourcefulness and a high degree of personal drive
- Be able to recognise where change is required and embrace the opportunities to do things differently when required
- Current Driving Licence
Contact Hannah Jackson 020 3947 3260 email@example.com