Our client is a market leading specialist in the Asset Management of freehold and leasehold properties in the UK. They are currently looking for a Portfolio Manager to join their dynamic team.
- Day to day responsibility for a portfolio of primarily residential properties in the retirement and non-retirement sectors.
- Regular liaison with managing agents, leaseholders, residents, resident associations, and 3rd party management companies.
- Dealing with exceptional leaseholder issues and complaints providing prompt and pragmatic solutions to property management or managing agent issues.
- Attending meetings with leaseholders and RA’s to build relationships and avoid RTM risk.
- Assisting with and resolving landlord and tenant issues raised by internal legal, insurance, finance, consents and asset investigations teams.
- Due diligence on acquisitions and liaison with internal teams and third-party solicitors.
- Ensuring all statutory requirements relating to the portfolio including health, safety and fire risk assessment are implemented or advised.
- Site inspections where property management issues arise, or with potential acquisitions.
- Preparing reports and presenting at internal management meetings.
Skills and knowledge: essential
- Graduate with AssocRICS, MIRPM or MRICS professional qualification.
- 7 years’ experience of residential block management.
- Knowledge of RICS Residential Service Charge Code, ARMA-Q standards, health and safety regulations, Landlord & Tenant and RTM legislation, ground rents, service charge budgeting and accounts, maintenance & repairs, major works projects, s.20 consultations, FTT processes and dispute resolution.
- Well organised, strong attention to detail, excellent written/communication/CRM skills.
- Confidence in conducting and presenting meetings.
- Good proficiency and working knowledge of Qube database, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Reliability and ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and tenacious.
Skills and knowledge: desirable
- Previous experience working for a client-side property company, ground rent investor/manager or in private practice.
- Experience of property acquisitions.
- Knowledge of property development.
T: 020 3947 3257