A prominent commercial property development and investment company is looking for a Portfolio Manager to join their team.
You will be responsible for maximising the net income and revenue and overall asset performance from a portfolio of properties or single asset.
- To provide clarity of leadership and accountability to the entire team involved in each specific asset. Explicitly presented through a clear, concise and easily referenced business plan.
- To provide core contribution into the strategic plan for assets within allocated portfolio, including decisions around development/investment cycles and proposals around future direction and focus of the asset/s.
- Responsible for the implementation of the asset strategy for the portfolio, targeting outperforming IPD, meeting/surpassing revenue profit targets and controlling overheads
- To support the creation of clear and compelling vision for the portfolio and ensure that the key stakeholders across the Retail team, and externally, are effectively engaged behind it.
- Responsible for ensuring that the strategic plan is effectively translated into robust business plans for each asset within the allocated portfolio, by the creation and management of annual 5 year budgets.
- Taking total ownership of the P&L of each property through working closely with a Retail Finance Business Partner- managing both income and non- recoverable costs.
- Build and develop key customer relationships – both internal and external.
- Work across the business supporting the alignment of teams across the business including operations, development, leasing and finance teams
- Managing voids through internal leasing teams & external consultants (e.g. agents and lawyers)
- Co-ordinate and manage planning, design & project teams for minor refurbishments and small projects
- Preparation and presentation of internal memoranda to the Executive Committee for authority to implement appropriate proposals, planned or unplanned
- Liaison with external valuers to ensure the correct valuations of the properties
- Responsible for ensuring that relevant systems, processes and records are up to date, including rent billing, service charge, schedules for rent reviews, lease expiries and break options.
- Liaising with the Management Surveyor on day to day matters which may impact the strategic objectives, i.e. applications for licences to assign/under-let/alter
- Liaising with the Operations Team on day to day matters which may impact the strategic direction and business plan of a centre i.e. delivery of on-site services, customer experience, etc.
- Working closely with Management Surveyor to ensure that strategic direction and objectives are delivered and fully understood.
- Work with Marketing Team (B2B, B2C) to plan suitable program of activities to support the asset/ portfolio business plan objectives, ensuring all budget expenditure is focussed on commercial activities benefiting asset owner and occupiers
- Involvement in the acquisition of new properties, sales, transfers of properties aligned to the strategy and aspirations of the Retail Portfolio strategy
- To ensure that the Group’s Corporate Responsibility objectives are adhered to and delivered across the portfolio, bringing genuine benefits to the communities in which the client operates.
- Support Portfolio Director on investment transactions, managing data, analysing investment performance and report writing
- Responsible for maintaining all systems and databases accurately for allocated assets and managing non-recoverable costs for assets
Consultant – General Practice & Investment
t: 020 3947 3259