Portfolio Analyst for a global leader in student accommodation.
Investment Acquisition & Development Transactions
- Support of the underwriting of investment acquisition and development project opportunities, which are originated by and led by the Acquisition and Development team.
- Support on research and data management inputs for Investment Committee papers ensuring that key deal assumptions, risks/attractions and structures are clearly articulated or stress tested.
- Support appropriate sensitivity analyses to illustrate the opportunity and risk
- Helping the team work with advisors through the due diligence and acquisition process with the respective members of the UK&I Directorate to ensure compliance with any Investment Committee approval
- Support key components of quarterly reporting to investors taking into account property, development and asset management reporting
- Supporting fund controllers in assessing debt & equity while distributing profits in accordance with performance
- Supporting and identifying appropriate risk management
Investor & Internal Relations
- The role will be actively supported to work with capital partners to maintain regular connectivity and investor insight. The client is keen to ensure that all levels of staff have opportunities to build their external professional network.
- Help to co-ordinate transaction pipeline summary and review sessions internally
- Reviewing of financing during term sheet phase and the execution of documentation
- Analysis of the economic impact of differing debt solutions while balancing the associated risks of leverage
- Working with fund controllers to monitor of ongoing reporting obligations including relevant covenant calculations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Multi-Tasking, open to change, creative and flexible
- Rigorous and analytical without losing sight of the big picture
- Adaptable to an exciting small business environment with significant capital deployment
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times
Excellent computer skills including very high proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience and Knowledge
- University degree.
- Relevant professional experience in the origination, execution and underwriting of real estate investment transactions and / or investment and portfolio management experience of real estate within a bank, a private equity company, fund or real estate company (investor or developer).
- Knowledge in the areas of real estate finance, accounting and the common transaction structures (portfolio and individual property level, asset and share deals, fund structures, etc.).
- Very good spoken and written English language skills with the ability to present and communicate effectively.
- Experience within operational real estate (student housing, hotels, rented residential, etc.)
- Track record of working on reports and/or investment papers to investors
Contact Robert Cripps
020 3947 3259