- Demonstrate support for the clients core values
- Show passion by taking pride in your work and the product our clients are delivering
- Working collaboratively as well as overseeing Design Consultants and Contractors
- Be creative by finding unique solution
- Seek excellence attention to detail in every aspect of your work
Duties include but not limited to:
- Managing the design team and delivery of technical information across the entire Urban Landscape Design process, from the work of design teams and architects, through the planning phases and final construction.
- Make sure that all necessary information is shared between the various teams involved in both design and construction, ensuring the final product delivers everything the client expects.
- You will need to have a thorough understand of technical, regulatory and commercial issues as well as pure design considerations. Strong visual and communication skills are essential.
- The role is focused on the management of processes and information, and the coordination of the many different skills involved in the delivery of a successful construction project.
- Under the supervision of the Design Director / Senior Design Manager, some of your key tasks and activities will be to;
- To maintain strong project administration and organisational skills being efficient with Diary and time management operating in a structured approach
- To maintain knowledge of Building Regulations & NHBC Standards, detailing and construction methodology, having the ability to think logically and/or laterally to find solutions
- Leading project meetings
- Overseeing internal and external design teams
- Liaising with other teams and departments
- Working with clients to ensure that their requirements are fulfilled and expectations met
- Making sure that design information is available to those who need it, when they need it
- Maintaining thorough documentation of all processes
- Liaising with the Project Planner and Commercial team
- Manage the design team and design sub-contractor
- Attend production meetings and input to all design issues.
- Report on the design in line with cost meeting
- Management of any 3rd parties related to design
- Provide advice and guidance on the “buildability” of the design
- Report progress against the design deliverables programme/schedule
- Liaise with and manage submittal requirements to Client representatives, design team and third parties such as statutory bodies/authorities
- Monitor design progress against programme and ensures the accuracy and completeness of design variables at each stage of the design development process
- Ensure pricing assumptions are consistent with the development of the design and cost plan
- Responsible for design compliance, build ability, efficiency of design and supporting the bid process
- Defines designer`s objectives: time, details, ratios, coordination`s, etc.
- To maintain good IT skills and familiarisation with Project Document Management administration.
- Ideally Degree qualified in Landscape Design, engineering or construction qualification
- Proven experience as a Design manager in the UK, high end residential and Urban/ Public Realm is preferable
- Knowledge of all RIBA stages, Building Code Regulations, SBD and other statutory obligations
- Working knowledge of BIM requirements
- Understanding of D&B contracts
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage
- Revit, Navisworks and Aconex knowledge
- Excellent understanding of Value Engineering principles
- The ability to develop strong personal relationships with clients/consultants and staff
- A superior knowledge of architectural detailing
- The ability to multi task to manage multiple projects and teams
- Ability to effectively manage considerable workload showing particular focus on critical items which will serve the overall role best
- An ability to galvanise with all member of the team as well as wider stakeholders
Ability to remain resilient, calm and measured particularly during busy periods
Attention to detail
For more information contact - firstname.lastname@example.org