Description of the role
The Land Manager will take part in the land acquisition and planning cycle. The candidate will play an integral role in site identification, conducting feasibility studies, acquisition and land buying, undertaking appraisals and planning within the business. Working in a small team, the candidate will lead his/her own work while working closely with the team to develop large scale projects. Our client are seeking candidates with a strong residential land background, highly experienced with a residential developer, strong interpersonal communications skills and expertise in site identification, conducting feasibility studies, acquisition/buying, appraisals and planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the delivery of key business performance targets in order to meet wider company business objectives.
- Deliver high levels of business performance and customer satisfaction.
- Source leads and acquire sites; Push potential sites through planning stages.
- Attend pre-planning application meetings.
- Meet and coordinate with site staff during pre-construction stages on site.
- Source, identify and acquire between 4 and 6 sites per year.
- Be fully aware of the land acquisition budgets for specific regions in terms of number of sites, units and timelines for board packs.
- Conduct land acquisition negotiations on behalf of the company.
- Ensure site selection is in accordance with the defined criteria of the company.
- Be fully conversant with and follow the Land department processes and procedures in order to compile board pack submissions.
- Be fully aware of the role of other verticals within the company and work with them closely to ensure that projects run smoothly, accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure that all communication and documentation are properly managed.
- Develop and maintain contacts and ensure strong positive links with agents, local authorities and landowners.
- Recommend ways to promote land purchase and to notify the company of any major events such as conferences, exhibitions, public meetings etc. to promote the company's land purchase plan.
- Submit a weekly land update report.
- Provide a proper brief to the project team to produce a cost-effective feasibility plan for any prospective land purchase.
- Instruct, examine and approve all information submitted in support of any site purchase. Check all details and correspondences and send copies as appropriate to the Chairman
- Instruct the company's solicitor on all land purchases; ensure that any other relevant correspondence is sent out as appropriate on any land transaction.
- Ensure that all correspondences concerning land and related matters is as per the standard documentation and is in accordance with company policy. Ensure that the appropriate caveats are entered into all documents and correspondence.
- Ensure relevant information concerning progress after exchange is provided.
Required qualification and experience:
- Thorough knowledge of the UK property market with reference to land, including site acquisition
- 5 years’ experience with property companies, developers or Estate Sales company in the UK.
- Experience in acquiring land sites
- Proven track record of deals
- Negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of planning policy and framework
- Experience in London land market
- Good professional network
- High performance-oriented role in successful business
- An excellent attitude towards confidently completing land buying and managing team
- High degree of ethics and integrity (does what is right; does the right thing)
- Works in a collaborative and cooperative manner (role model teamwork; regularly looks to engage other staff within and outside of his department to ensure the best results; works for the greater good)
- Is a passionate advocate for creating a learning
- Sense of ugency
For further information please contact Katie -
020 3947 3261