Responsibilities of the Role
Leading and overseeing an on site lettings and management team to ensure the successful delivery of services to the residents and the client.
To ensure a high level of customer service is provided to residents at all times, all statutory H&S and legal lettings requirements are met and engage with residents to create a sense of community within the building and to be fully conversant with all aspects of this building.
- Provide first class customer service to residents.
- Ensuring all enquires and repairing issues are dealt with in line with agreed service levels.
- Forging productive relationships with key service partners and seeking economies of scale for the efficient running of the building.
- Organising and running tenant services via third parties and in house.
- Creating a community feel through communication, events and innovations.
- Oversee renewal and new let processes.
- Check files and sign off on new tenancies on a regular basis.
- Ensure tenancy documents are served in line with legislation.
- Oversee arrears management.
- Agree steps with Lettings Manager to ensure non-paying tenancies are brought to an end promptly and with as little cost to the client as possible.
- Oversee deposit releases including claims.
- Ensure formal authority is given to Lettings Administrator to release.
Building and Apartment Management
- To oversee the property management function, dealing with all maintenance and repairing issues.
- Instructing works where required in line with level of authority and budget restrictions.
- Carrying out regular inspections of communal areas and apartments.
- Responsible for Health and Safety compliance coordination utilising systems; liaising with the FM team as required.
- Dealing with litigation and insurance claims as required.
- Managing the various contractors and relationships with contractors appointed to provide services to the apartments and building.
- Being the first point of contact for commercial tenants within the development.
- Liaising with commercial property manager with regards to issues and works required.
- Overall responsibility for management of development car park, including contractor instructed to monitor.
- Line manager responsibilities for the onsite team.
- Conducting performance appraisals.
- Maintaining the motivation and engagement of the onsite team.
- Ensuring clear lines of communication.
- Overseeing delegated tasks to ensure correct completion.
- Encouragement of team mentality.
Asset Performance Management
- Providing regular asset performance reports and attending regular meetings with line manager/client.
- Monthly tracking of all expenditure including maintenance of PO register.
- Liaise with accounts department regarding month-end reports and accruals.
- Managing the building expenditure budget and ensuring value for money from suppliers, maximising the net operating income.
- Establishing and delivering additional income streams where appropriate.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and the individual will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the evolution of the role within the building.
- Strong customer service ethic / background.
- Positive, can do attitude.
- Common sense approach.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to think on their feet and make considered decisions.
- Outgoing, warm and friendly personality.
- Organised, meticulous, tenacious, resilient.
- Excellent written and spoken etiquette.
- IT literate.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Experience of managing a small team essential.
- Experience in a customer facing role essential.
- Experience with lettings essential.
- Experience of managing a residential building preferred.
- ARLA would be advantageous.
For further information please contact Martha –
020 3947 3257