What is the role?
Our client require an outstanding General Manager to lead the team of an exciting new development in London. The General Manager will be solely responsible for delivering all aspects of the letting and management of the development, including the delivery of exceptionally high quality customer service. To oversee the Resident Services, Facilities Management and all 3rd party suppliers, including contractors and marketing providers working on/in the building or the development in relation to:
- Letting up & Stabilisation
- Marketing and Advertising
- Property & Block Management
- Health & Safety
- People Management
- Compliance Management
The key indicators for the customers proposition is summarised below:
Customer experience – from the very first point of contact, the entire customer experience will be designed around delivering exceptional customer service, which is built on providing convenience and choice regarding how the customer wishes to interact. Over and above the service, included within the proposition, are features more aligned to a luxury hotel experience for residents, including access to free broadband and a resident’s only gym, as well as the use of a communal lounge area.
Community – residents within the development will be given the opportunity to meet fellow residents through a range of initiatives designed to develop a sense of community. In addition, the management of the building will seek to contribute to the regeneration of the area by making positive contributions and promote local businesses to encourage growth within the area.
Customer and Client Costs – simple, transparent and fair costs all rent and services with no hidden costs.
- Managing the budget account for the building, ensuring the operation is run both efficiently and effectively
- Maximising income – ensuring occupancy absorption rates are met in line with targets; rents are collected on time and ancillary income targets are met
- Minimising costs and containing gross to net leakage by effective operational management and 3rd party procurement
- Preparing and maintaining budget on behalf of our client and their client.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining an awesome engaging on-site team
- Managing the on-site team that lets and maintains the apartments in a manner that ensures that customer safety and quality of customer service remain paramount.
- Produce and oversee annual rotas for on-site staff including holiday leave and sickness cover
- Implement our clients approach to effective performance management.
- Ensuring that the customer journey is smooth and effective creating a seamless experience to convert prospects into residents.
- Ensuring the move-in and move-out processes are as simple and stress free as possible for both the customer and the on-site team.
- Working with colleagues to identify opportunities to simplify and improve operational processes that will improve customer service.
- Develop and implement the reporting of Key Performance Indicators as a way of monitoring operational effectiveness
- Running a legally and regulatory compliant building at all times.
- Overseeing the management of the building fabric including management of the facilities team who are employed to maintain and clean the common areas of the property.
- Procure and manage contracted out services supported by the Facilities Manager and the property management teams
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure all Health and Safety matters are inspected, monitored and actioned appropriately
- Ensure the building is legally compliant at all times and act within the guidance of their regulatory body
- Creating a sense of community within the building by fostering resident interaction on-line (e.g via social media) or through hosting event
- Building links between the residents community and the City Centre neighbourhood
- Record, respond and resolve customer complaints as efficiently as possible.
- Undertake customer surveys to improve the overall proposition.
- To produce content on digital platforms where appropriate e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
Health and Safety
- To ensure there is a fitting approach to risk assessments and method statements.
- To outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards, recommending and implementing necessary changes to working practices as required.
- To oversee and review Health and Safety audits and appropriate follow-through, to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and a safe environment is provided for residents and staff and to keep the tracking system up to date.
- To oversee the delivery of all annual testing and training for their people to ensure total compliance, maintaining robust records
- To check working order and condition of: Lighting; Heating; Fire control system, Alarms and Smoke Ventilation; Lifts; Water pumps and tanks; Doors and windows; Waste chutes; Access control systems, locks and security.
- To lead the team, contributing proactively to operations and role modelling the values and key behaviours.
- To recruit, develop and retain talent.
- To promote peak performance through proper objective setting, one to one’s, personal development, team meetings and performance reviews.
- To manage and support the team with any issues or changes they may experience, such as sickness absence, maternity or poor performance for example, operating in line with regulations and policy.
- To ensure all policies and processes are adhered to and regulations respected, with accurate and timely work delivered by you and members of your team.
- To promote effective two-way communication and true engagement.
- To identify and meet individual learning needs, acting as coach and mentor as required.
- IRPM foundation level (or willingness to work towards).
- Health and Safety qualification.
- ARLA Qualification
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship skills with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels within the organisation.
- First class skills in delivering and sustaining high quality customer service, including negotiation skills and dealing with difficult situations. .
- Ability to work proactively and to use initiative in a highly competitive and dynamic environment
- Excellent time management / prioritisation and organisational skills
- High levels of energy, drive, enthusiasm and passion for developing themselves and supporting their team
- To effectively manage and lead the team and to provide the customers with consistently efficient and high quality services.
- To provide and present performance and relevant business reports as required by the Head of Build to Rent including performance and financial reports and forecasts.
- To lead on the effective management of Health and Safety to ensure the highest standards of health and safety are achieved.
- To promote effective client relationships and achieve high customer satisfaction.
- To lead on, develop, implement, and monitor quality processes to ensure compliance and continuous improvement targets are being met.
- To participate and contribute, as required, to the strategic and operational management of the business.
- To provide, as required, out of hours support for the on-site team.
- To manage and coordinate contractors when needed.
- To keep all legal documentation in presentable fashion and available at all times.
- To co-ordinate, instruct and allow access for services to the development, such as refuse collection, deliveries, repairs and maintenance and utility companies.
- To provide guidance and assistance to residents in a willing and friendly manner to ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times.
- To deal effectively with complaints and remain courteous at all times.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as other systems such as databases or booking systems (training will be provided).
- Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation - must be proficient with current Health, Safety and Environment legislation and practice.
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Internal sales and letting and recruitment referral fees
- Auto enrolment into Pension scheme
- Discounted flexible benefits scheme (such as car parking or gym membership)
- Company away days and summer BBQ’s.
For further information please contact Martha –
020 3947 3257