Our client is a corporate adviser with both property and corporate services. They assist many businesses along their journey in a number of keys areas that truly add value. With over 25 years of experience and a strong market knowledge, they provide unrivalled advice and a tailor-made service to meet each client’s specific needs. The client base has a strong presence in the Retail, Restaurant and Industrial sectors.
Our client is unique unlike other businesses. The company prides itself in the culture it has created and looks to recruit talent who can relate to the companies’ heritage and values. They only recruit those who truly can live with their values. These are: Integrity; Professional; Innovative; Results; Focused; and Charitable.
Retaining the intimacy of a small business and family feel, is vital that the successful candidate buys into the group’s mentality. The business has a vision to grow 3 times in the next 3 years with a plan in place to achieve this.
Our client is looking for an experienced Director of Operations to organize and oversee the daily operations of our company. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its strategy, systems, procedures and coaching its people.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. You must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating growth and long-term success.
- Understand the leaderships vision in order to set a coherent strategic plan
- Liaising with board / reporting director to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Current systems include Salesforce, Focus, Xero
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM, Salesforce)
- Ideally - BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- 20 days’ holiday excluding bank holidays and the office is closed from xmas to new year
- In addition, the office is closed for up to an additional 12 days a year
- Complimentary healthy snacks and drinks such as fruit etc
- Smart Pension
For further information, contact Louisa Dickins on 020 3079 5084 or firstname.lastname@example.org