- Produce a design brief for the development based on detailed market research utilising the residential experience of the team to maximise the opportunity.
- Leading and managing the planning application for detailed planning permission for the development of the site including commissioning the consultant team.
- Arranging for competitive procuring of consultants, accountants, legal and other services required and supervising the performance of those services.
- Input to and monitoring against the financial modelling of schemes using in-house appraisal.
- Assist in producing the Business Plan for the development of the site and maintain on a periodic basis.
- Support the conclusion of development finance deals with lenders/banks.
- Supervising and managing the performance of the developer’s obligations in relation to planning conditions and statutory agreements.
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of the development account, the financial model, and such other relevant accounts, records, cost reports, and budget estimates.
- Reporting to the Lender, managing the discharge of the obligations and compliance with financial covenants as set out in the facility agreement during the development phase.
- Managing the procurement of the construction contract for each phase in conjunction with the Employer’s Agent.
- Supervising the performance of the contractor and the professional team throughout the life of the development.
- Advising on detailed internal layouts that maximise and add value yet remain within a cost budget.
- Advising on construction materials, methodology, common part layouts and the interface with commercial and residential uses.
- Developing bespoke flexible yet cost effective internal specifications that meet purchaser aspirations to encourage a healthy rate of sales.
- Working with the contractor to deliver value engineered solutions that reduce cost without impacting the end value and saleability of the product.
- Interpretation of all regulations, consents, authorisations and licences required to build out the project including code for sustainable homes.
- Instruct lawyers and support the negotiation of various legal agreements on behalf of the landowner including planning agreements, statutory agreements, etc.
- Assist with sales and market research to understand purchaser profiles and likely current and future demand.
- Assist with production and review of sales and marketing strategies for maximum exposure and creating interest.
- Support the customer care/after sales service to residential customers.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Professionally qualified (MICE, MCIOB, MRICS) or aiming towards professional qualification
- Extensive experience in the application of quality assurance, building control requirements and building warranties
- An understanding of the planning application process, preferably covering PD conversion schemes, HMOs and PRS
- Experience in the drafting and operation of contracts, preferably covering JCT forms including Design & Build
- A knowledge of project funding and the process whereby funders monitor the construction and financial position
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven, with a deep interest in construction trends and advances
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to solve problems quickly, multi-task and remain highly organised in a fast-paced work environment
- Innovative and creative, with the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate ideas
- Confident and articulate, with strong communication skills and the confidence to explain position and opinions to the contractor and a range of other stakeholders
- Leadership by example and a professional attitude
- Diplomatic, tactful and approachable
Please contact email@example.com for more information