Fantastic new opportunity to be a Development Manager at an exciting, high-end development based in Central London. You will be exposed to all facets of development management from Customer Service to Facilities Management.The role will be supportive in overseeing a development of circa 300 apartments ensuring the facilities and maintenance programme is maintained whilst sustaining a very high level of customer service.
This is a developing role which will allow you to improve your existing skill set and progress your career whilst fully supporting the Estate Manager and their team in delivering an exceptional level of service.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist the Estate Manager in the day to running of the development including but not limited to:
- In the effective management of the staff ensuring that their work is to a high standard and they remain motivated.
- To review and agree work rotas for the Concierge and Estate staff.
- To arrange induction training of new staff on all procedures and to ensure their development going forward is encouraged.
- To set an example for all staff members by remaining courteous and helpful to all residents, guests, staff, contractors and any member of the public at all times.
- To fully understand the role and requirement of the Concierge and support as required.
- To coordinate and manage the PPM schedule ensuring close liaison is maintained with the contractor.
- To maintain accurate records in accordance with the PPM schedule
- To ensure all contractors Permits to Work are correctly completed and accompanied by Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- To carry out daily checks of the development encompassing all floors, basement area and plant rooms noting any issues of cleanliness or defects.
- To coordinate the testing of equipment under the direction of the Estate Manger i.e. fire alarms, PAT testing etc.
Health and Safety
- To ensure all incidents or accidents are recorded accordingly and appropriate actions are taken with the correct personnel informed. To undertake inspections of the development, with particular attention to all Health and Safety areas and general appearance of the development.
- To liaise with the company’s Health and Safety advisor where more detailed risk assessments and method statements are required.
- Address any areas identified, as appropriate, when any Risk Assessments have taken place.
- Monitor and review daily works completed by contractors, ensuring they are
- working within the agreed RAMS.
- To adopt and implement the procedures directed by the company’s Health and Safety advisor.
- To ensure the Estate Manger is kept fully informed of any works being carried out or of any incidents occurring within the development.
- To assist the Estate Manager in the specific oversight of the business lounge, gymnasium, pool and spa area to ensure all Health and Safety Standards are fully maintained and the cleanliness of these areas are always of a high standard, reporting any failings immediately to the Estate Manager.
- Recommend to the Estate Manager any improvements which could be made in order to enhance the development.
- Undertake the general duties as required from time to time commensurate with the management of residential property in accordance with industry best practice