Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise on construction methodology, cladding strategies and costs for office to residential and other new build schemes.
- Advise on procurement strategy, contractor selection
- Work with advisors on contract documents
- Actively seek new contractor organisations and assess capabilities and maintain register of approved contractors and trade suppliers
- Review progress of site works, report to The Board on progress, key issues, programme management and contractor performance
- Prepare progress reports weekly
- Maintain continuous improvement across the Construction workflow
- Work with Development Managers on aspects of a construction nature
- Ensure quality “right first time” delivery is achieved across all projects
- Minimise snagging on projects and agree service level agreements with contractors
- Measure performance of Contractors
- Attend each live site at least once per week, be aware of progress, key issues and offer solutions which achieve our client’s investor returns
- Deliver projects on budget and on time without deviation
- Actively build our base of contractors to bid on work, with responsibility to actively seek construction companies to tender on work
- Drive the tender process, preparation of Employer Requirements and structuring of JCT contracts under pressure. Must be able to read, understand, assess and challenge construction process.
- Develop improvements to current procurement strategy under design and build and Construction Management
- Develop strategy and build relationships with suppliers to purchase certain goods in high volumes. Negotiate bulk pricing, direct supply of kitchens, white goods etc. and incorporating that to D&B.
- Feed into Development strategy to improve current pre-contract performance specifications that are tendered by contractors
- 5+ years of construction experience
- A basic understanding of working with private funders, as well as dealing with building warranties and building control requirements.
- Experience working with planning on PD conversion schemes, HMOs and PRS schemes across the UK.
- Experience in Design & Build contracts and other statutory requirements
- A proven track record in negotiations with contractors
- Strong leadership by example and an extremely professional attitude
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven
- Passionate about development and construction, with a deep interest in legislation changes and emerging markets
- The ability to solve problems quickly, multi-task and remain highly organised in a fast-paced work environment
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking
- Confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Diplomatic, tactful and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence
- Willing to travel
Contact Jeff Mayger 020 3947 3261 firstname.lastname@example.org