The Community Manager role carries responsibility for building & maintaining the reputation & brand of the building in the local community, driving the revenue as hard as possible to achieve, if not exceed annual revenue targets of £2.8m, managing the costs within the limits of the budget and all whilst achieving the highest possible resident approval ratings for service, responsiveness, community spirit and cleanliness, maintaining the quality of the asset to the highest standards and complying with all Health & Safety legislation to ensure the safety of residents and staff at all times.
Our client are looking for a highly driven individual – you will relish the opportunity to manage one of, if not the finest quality residential asset in the Croydon market and to be at the forefront of the rapidly expanding UK Build to Rent sector. You’ll be reporting into one of the most experienced Build to Rent leaders in the UK. You will be highly commercial, constantly looking for opportunities to drive revenue. You will have a proven appreciation of what it takes to deliver outstanding customer service, perhaps having worked to a senior level in the hospitality industry, with the energy and interpersonal skills needed to create a thriving residential community by building relationships and hosting community events. You’ll have a keen eye for detail, always maintaining the asset to the highest quality and will have proven leadership skills, with a proven track record of leading a highly motivated team.
You will be supported by an experienced Head Office team providing support with Systems, Leasing Up Strategies, Operational Management and Health & Safety.
- Leads, directs and supervises Associates within the community, ensuring they have the tools for success.
- Assists with hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating on-site Associates.
- Plans and schedules work in advance.
- Reaches decisions quickly based on available information. Takes initiative to research and complete projects.
- Initiates innovative solutions to drive revenue, manage costs and solve problems.
- Using networking and marketing initiatives to build the profile of the community in the local market
- Provides clear and concise instructions for effective management of on-site Associates.
- Develops an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the community.
- Ensures that the appearance and physical aspects of the community meets ownership and resident’s standards established through routine site and safety inspections, and communicates concerns and requests for capital to provide for the physical upkeep of the community.
- Completes regular community inspections of common areas, amenities, models, and vacant apartment homes and completes the community inspection report.
- Responds promptly to Associate/resident/guest needs and concerns.
- Promotes client satisfaction and retention through timely reporting and on-going communication about the performance of the community.
- Ensures that Associates are implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
- Processes and approves payment of invoices pertaining to maintenance and operations of the community on a timely basis.
- Completes and reviews various daily, weekly and monthly reports by making operating recommendations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reports and offers recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, bid acquisitions, and contract developments and negotiations.
- Reviews all renewals and prepares budget increase recommendations according to the operating budget and market conditions that could affect profitability of community.
- Prepares and adheres to the guidelines of the community operating budget, and makes recommendations for ways to maximise income and minimise expenses.
- Supervises and ensures collection of all rent and other community income.
- Supports the overall marketing/leasing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, and pricing.
- Supervises the planning and implementation of, and attends and monitors, various community recreational and social activities.
- Becomes active in the local business community to raise the profile of the building and build awareness of revenue driving opportunities.
- Monitors the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according to company standards.
- Coordinates work activities and services from vendors, utilising only those vendors who are approved.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organisational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individuals.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, Associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individuals.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilising other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
This is a position which requires the Community Manager to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and apartment community. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Associates must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions.
Associates must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes shifts during evenings, weekends and holidays.
For further information please contact Martha -
020 3947 3257