As the Commercial Manager, qualified candidates will be responsible for managing project level financial and commercial issues associated with our client’s new vertical, which will construct homes at lower capital values, particularly targeted at first-time buyers in London Zone 3 and outwards. You will also be responsible for all aspects of commercial management, overseeing the work of quantity surveyors, and providing a hands-on approach to simultaneous projects. The selected individual should be highly-driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure, fast learner, and articulate the company’s mission and vision well to absorb them in work culture and achieve the overall business goals of the new vertical. You will report directly to the Associate Director of the homes business.
Education & Experience
- Quantity surveying background with 2 years’ experience post qualification. Candidates from a consultancy or developer will be considered;
- Working on high density residential projects in the UK, preferably in London and home counties;
- Thorough knowledge on managing residential projects cost and commercial issues;
- Contractor procurement;
- Working as Employer’s Agent or Contract Administrator;
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing relationship with and the works of external quantity surveyors;
- Maintaining existing frameworks, monitoring performance of the framework suppliers;
- Controlling and managing all house building development costs from original budget through to development completion. Exploring strategies to minimise development costs and ensure value for money whilst maintaining high standards of quality;
- Overseeing financial key performance indicators (KPIs) of a project. Ensuring that the project team understands key financial and commercial aspects of the project;
- Assessing financial and commercial risks and reporting, providing financial direction to the project team and advice to the Associate Director;
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems; evaluating and agreeing contract variations, carrying out monthly site valuations; attending site progress meetings;
- Reporting on financial performance to the Associate Director.
Contact Richard Lloyd 020 3947 3251 firstname.lastname@example.org