The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5 years’ experience in investment / commercial property development.
- Recent experience in operating in London and the Home Counties.
- An autonomous and entrepreneurial work ethic.
- Ability to thrive in a hard-working environment.
- Excellent connections with a variety of stakeholders enabling the sourcing of off-market sites.
- To source, appraise and acquire land and property development opportunities in accordance with the Company’s land acquisition criteria at the time and discussed at weekly reviews.
- Thereafter to ensure the profit from the secured opportunities is maximized through appropriate opportunity management whilst also securing further development opportunities.
- Source development opportunities from own investigation utilising information from sources such as Local Authority documents, databases, Promap, Molior, Google, Bing etc.
- Also from sources such as independent land agents as well as the larger more established companies.
- Negotiate with land owners for a particular development opportunity to maximise the returns to the company
- Complete land acquisition viability reports using Argus Developer software to assess and maximise the profit from a particular development opportunity. For sites being acquired, it will be expected that up to three sets of estate agents revenues are collated along with up to two sets of build cost assessments, all based on a speculative architectural scheme.
- Regularly present all relevant opportunities to the Land Director and CEO.
- Liaise with solicitors, agents, consultants, etc to ensure the successful acquisition of chosen properties
- Monitor all contractual obligations for acquired sites to ensure the land restrictions are not breached
- Proactively promote the company name and image within the local development industry
- Keep abreast of changing market conditions and legislation
- Assist and manage Land Buyers, where appropriate and necessary, with their searches to identify development opportunities focussing and prioritising those that are off market
- Keep agents and land contacts regularly informed of our positions on new opportunities, ideally within 24 hours of receipt
- Work closely with other departmental managers to maximise the opportunity profitability
- Maintain the electronic Network and Email files of pipeline and acquired site information to ensure all company information is accessible to all, not just personally.
Contact: Robert Cripps
Consultant – General Practice & Investment
t: 020 3947 3259