Our client is a private property developer based in Shoreditch. They are looking for a commercial land buyer to join their team. You must have a background and demonstrable history of buying buildings or land in London and the home counties as well as being involved through the stages of development or disposal.
You will be reporting to the manging director; the role will be alongside a team of six land buyers and tasked with sourcing predominately off market deals without planning permission where the opportunity exists to add value through town planning or rental growth.
- To source, appraise and acquire land and property development opportunities in accordance with the company’s land acquisition criteria at the time and discussed at weekly reviews.
- Thereafter to ensure the profit from the secured opportunities is maximised through appropriate opportunity management whilst also securing further development opportunities.
- Ideally RICS qualified
- A minimum of five years’ experience of personally acquiring land in London and the South East
- A proven track record of off market transactions purchased without planning
- Have a thorough understanding of the land and development market in London and the South-East
- Skilled in all matters relating to land purchase and development
- A strong network of commercial agent and landowner contacts
- Capable of building relationships with landowners, agents and other stakeholders to seek on and off-market opportunities
- Have demonstrable capabilities and experience in managing Land Professionals
- Determined, hungry and ambitious
- Source development opportunities from own investigation utilising information from sources such as Local Authority documents, database, Land Insight, Promap, Molior, Google, Bing, Land Registry, CoStar etc.
- Also, from sources such as independent Land and Property Agents as well as the larger more established companies.
- Negotiate with land owners for a particular development opportunity to maximise he returns to the company
- Complete land acquisition viability reports using Argus Developer software to assess and maximise the profit from the development opportunity. For sites being acquired, it will be expected that up to three sets of agent’s opinions are collected long with up to two sets of build cost assessments, all based one speculative architectural scheme where appropriate.
- Regularly present all relevant opportunities to the Managing Director and Planning Director and well as the Chairman on occasion.
- Liaise with Solicitors, Agents, Consultants, etc to ensure the successful acquisition of chosen properties
- Monitor all contractual obligations for acquired sites to ensure the land restriction are not breached
- Proactively promote the company name and image within the development industry
- Keep abreast of changing market conditions and legislation
For more information please contatct Louisa -
020 3947 3253