Our client offer a competitive pay and benefits, a fun, exciting work environment, as well as opportunities for personal development and professional growth through mentoring and training. For self-starters, our client offers an opportunity to join a growing team that attracts and rewards exceptional talent. And for those who are nimble, act with creativity and purpose, and are focused on finding solutions and delivering results.
The Associate, Europe will report to the Managing Director, Europe and is responsible for acquisitions and asset management of joint ventures, direct and fund investments. This position will focus on the financial analysis, investment due diligence, asset management and operations with a primary focus on Europe.
The Associate will work closely with the Managing Director and VP, Europe, both based in London, as well as other members of the International team based in Vancouver.
- Acquisition (including development) and asset management of international joint ventures, direct and fund investments.
- Analyze new investment opportunities, including financial underwriting, due diligence, market research, risk assessment activities, tax and legal structuring.
- Provide oversight of existing international portfolio investments, including development projects, with regular performance updates, operations, valuations and capital budget reviews.
- Assist in the monitoring and valuation of existing investments, including analyzing and reviewing quarterly reports, financial statements, and investment documents.
- Conduct site tours, market research and property due diligence in target markets.
- Ensure alignment of international program with the real estate strategic plan, goals and objectives.
- Review and manage the internal real estate group risk management and approval processes for international real estate investments. Ensure compliance with the real estate policy and investment guidelines.
- Provide regular internal reporting and present to senior management as required.
- Actively adhere to compliance and risk management policies and participates in business continuity planning.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University undergraduate degree, preferably with a Real Estate or Finance specialization. CFA, MBA considered an asset.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience within the real estate investment industry (for either a pension plan, sovereign wealth fund, endowment, investment bank, private equity, investment manager or investment/development company).
- Prior experience in a role with a focus on investing or advising in Europe and an understanding of multiple property types, financial analysis, real estate operating fundamentals and capital markets.
- Organizational Skills – must be able to allocate time effectively and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and constant change. Must be able to use initiative and self-management skills to work independently with minimal direction and respond effectively to issues that arise.
- Analytical and Communications Skills: must be detail orientated and able to exercise diligence and thoroughness in analyzing investments; demonstrates detailed real estate analytical skills; and a reasonable basis for conclusions. Is able to make recommendations based on sound analysis and can clearly articulate their point of view by being persuasive in their presentation of recommendations and/or decisions by demonstrating clear written and oral communications skills.
- Investment and Asset Management: Demonstrates experience in oversight and management of existing investments including asset strategy and planning, budget and capital expenditure management, debt structuring and hold/sell recommendations. Provides meaningful and constructive feedback on and to external partners resulting in effective management of investment portfolios and adherence to our clients parameters and philosophy.
- Relationship Management: must demonstrate the ability to develop and sustain collaborative and trusting relationships throughout changing or difficult circumstances; and be comfortable working with others with differing opinions and be able to challenge and influence in a negotiable manner.
- Computer Skills – Excellent analytical, math, and problem-solving skills; advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
For further information please contact Hannah –
020 3947 3254