You will be an experienced individual within the Block Management industry and will have a proven track record of bidding and winning New Business, starting and growing a team, developing long-term business strategy. An experience of team management will be a benefit as we look to grow this aspect of the business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide a full professional property management services for a portfolio of freehold/leasehold developments and individual properties on behalf of freehold clients, Developers and Resident Management Companies, proactively manage in accordance with the management agreement the terms of the lease/agreements and good current practice.
- Drafting and serving S20 notices for major works.
- Manage portfolio in accordance with RICS Codes of Practice, ARMA rules and landlord and tenant legislation.
- Responding to pre-assignment enquiries.
- To manage in relation to company targets of income and service delivery.
- Dealing with leaseholders enquiries appertaining to the development.
- Responding to all correspondence/emails, telephone calls including those from Directors, lessees and tenants.
- Prepare and draft minutes of Board meetings for approval by the Directors.
- Good understanding of lease terms and ability to write to lessees/tenants/letting agents in relation to any matters which may contravene the terms of the lease, i.e. noise/nuisance, satellite dishes, wood floors, pets, etc.
- Be prepared to deal with any issue that may arise during the course of the Management of the properties.
- Ensure the property operates as smoothly as possible.
Budgets & Accounts
- Prepare and issue draft budgets to Directors for consideration and agree with Board of Directors.
- Good understanding of service charge and company accounts and ability to explain them to Directors.
- Arrange meetings and inspections for all properties managed.
- Ensure that all necessary contracts and annual inspections are in place.
- Carry out regular Inspections of properties from time to time and action any works necessary.
- Ensure that all properties under Management have up to date Health & Safety, Fire Risk Assessments, Asbestos Surveys, Legionnaires Risk Assessment and Electrical Reports etc.
- Ensuring all properties in the portfolio are insured including dealing with all claims, renewals and enquiries regarding the policy.
- Liaising with Loss Adjusters and obtain quotes for remedial works and to effect and oversee any emergency repairs.
- Liaising with Directors as necessary to ensure that blocks are re valued for insurance purposes, at least every 3 years in accordance with company policy.
- Contact contractors to ascertain whether they are able to carry out works and issue work order forms on PMS - checking with Directors in the first instance if authorisation is required.
- Monitor contractor’s performance - Follow through and complete jobs, updating PMS.
- Prepare specifications for all contracts at blocks managed including cleaning, gardening, window cleaning, etc., to issue tenders and appoint contractors. Issue contracts to contractors ensuring that they comply with current health and safety legislation.
- Carry out regular site inspections to monitor works and keep Directors advised of progress before any part payment or full payment of contractor invoices are authorised
- Ensure that all contracts and schedule of works for all properties are entered on the computerised system and updated.
- Advise all lessees and or tenants of impending works, etc.
- Monitor contractor’s performance regularly.
- Work in conjunction with external/in-house surveyors in relation to major works contracts. Attend progress meetings as necessary, ensure S20 Notices served and pay authorised invoices.
- Monitor expenditure to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover all necessary repairs/works, except on the rare occasion where emergency works may be required.
- Responsible for chasing arrears of service charge and ground rents due on portfolio up to instruction of solicitors.
- MIRPM or AIRPM and demonstrable post qualification experience
- Good understanding of Residential Block Management and current legislation
- Well-developed interpersonal and oral communications skills.
- Proven history in winning new business
- Interpersonal skills and customer focused
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good literacy and numerical skills
- Diplomacy, Team Player
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
For further information please contact Martha –
020 3947 3257