- To act as a point of contact for all enquiries in relation to the FM service
- To undertake site inspections at the required frequency (weekly/monthly) in accordance with the management instruction or health and safety requirements.
- Take prompt action on all issues noted and report to the Director of Facilities and Asset Manager as appropriate.
- Assist the Team as required to maintain a high level of professionalism and continually deliver service to exceed client satisfaction levels.
- To be familiar with the on-site staff, the scope of service contractor services and monitor performance against the same to ensure that they represent our clients and their client, primarily assisting the same in fulfilling their obligations to the residents in relation to the lease. Furthermore that any assistance given to an individual resident must not distract from or conflict with the duties to the property and residents as a whole
- To monitor services provided on-site to ensure effective delivery, taking appropriate action to resolve any issues in line with agreed procedures and reporting any defects or lapse in service to the FM Team.
- To act as an escalation point on all sites staffed with onsite Building Managers (BMs), and to act directly for all sites without them, for all enquiries in relation to the FM service, responding as appropriate within guidelines.
- To manage contractor services and monitor performance against the same to ensure that they represent our clients brand and their client, primarily assisting the same in fulfilling their obligations to the residents in relation to the lease. Furthermore, that any assistance given to an individual resident must not distract from or conflict with the duties to the property and residents as a whole.
- Manage the M&E contractors across the Portfolio including tendering contracts when required with support from the Facilities Team.
- Identify and collate requests for minor works necessary on-site and convey these to the Facilities Director, once approved to subsequently supervise the implementation and completion of works to the highest standard.
- Ensure cleanliness, tidiness and monitor the Health and Safety arrangements for the communal parts within the blocks and external working areas by carrying out regular inspections.
- To ensure issues raised regarding the FM service receive attention within acceptable time parameters and all interested parties are kept fully advised.
- Attend meetings with the client representative and senior management team.
- Minimum of IOSH Managing Safely
Career experience required
- At least 2 years’ experience in maintenance management, construction management or facilities management
- Willing to consider those with non-standard agency facilities experience such as working for a maintenance contractor
- Excellent understanding of all relevant Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- A background of working in residential leasehold management would be beneficial
Particular aptitudes/skills required
- Possess the necessary skills and qualifications to provide effective and efficient support to the Facilities Management team, services and projects
- An ability to communicate effectively with others in a professional and helpful manner whether it be face-to-face or on the telephone
- A flexible, adaptable, co-operative and can do attitude
- A self-starter with a good degree of initiative and self-motivation whom delivers effective work without the need for close management
- Good standard of English grammar and spelling and a care to take pride in presentation of work
- Well presented with a clear speaking voice
For further information please contact Martha -
020 3947 3257