- To help build an Asset Management capability for Europe including new business product concepts, both organic and inorganic
- Provide effective input to all development pipeline to ensure best in class product and to ensure efficient and safe conversion from construction delivery to operational asset
- Working closely with the Capital Solutions team on creation of investment product for development/refurb opportunities
- To be constantly aware of future occupational trends and ensure the insights are shared and inform the product pipeline and best practice ways of working
- To assist the Asset Manager to manage the allocated assets on a day to day basis. To assist the Asset Manager with any development/asset management projects identified are delivered to improve net income.
Job Purpose and Scope:
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the approved 5-year Asset Business Plan (ABP). Working with the Asset Manager, Managing Agents including their on-site Asset teams and finance teams in addition to any appointed external consultants to maximise financial performance and deliver the required financial returns.
- To manage, oversee and monitor the Managing Agents and assist with all aspects of managing assets on a day to day basis.
- Working with the Asset Manager to identify and recommend to the Fund Managers opportunities to improve the investment performance of allocated assets through financial enhancement including revenue and capex consideration, lease restructuring, letting strategy, refurbishment, alteration or redevelopments.
- Monitoring of capital and non-recoverable income.
- Support Asset Manager and Asset Analysts to collate monthly reports and 5-year Asset Business Plans.
- Provide monthly/Quarterly updates for valuers and monitor and check draft valuations to ensure data provided has been verified
- Provide Investment Analysis for new lettings/deals and prepare papers for approval.
- Monitor and analysis of sales and footfall data for reporting, including checking turnover rents.
- Provide input into the Asset Management strategies
- Support the outsourced Property Management function ensuring contract term alignment across the Portfolio, KPI management and compliance to all Global Minimum Requirements for Safety and Operational running.
- Review and input on service charge budgets and overseeing Managing Agent collection of rents and financial management.
- Support and ensure implementation of EH&S strategy and management of delivery across assets.
- Assist with the implementation of Sustainability strategy and management of delivery and environmental compliance across the Assets. Additionally, responsible for supply of information to appropriate person to achieve benchmark reporting.
- Ensure Crisis Management plans are in place at Assets.
- Developing monthly plans to facilitate continuous property management improvements across the portfolio
- Landlord and Tenant liaison and management of Landlord lease obligations across the Assets.
- Liaison with Estate Management function to support Community Investment strategy and delivery and day-to-day operations
- Support leasing managers and legal teams to ensure that information is provided to complete new leases
- Attend monthly leasing and management meetings.
- Monitoring tenant performance and identifying key risks
- Maintaining ‘Retailer at Risk’ schedules and identifying key risks during Asset Plan process.
- Maintaining industry best practice Effective asset management to include financial performance e.g. cost control, revenue strategies, and debt control.
- Liaison with Estate Management function regarding day to day matters.
- Incident Management Plans & Risk Management.
- As part of the monitoring the Managing Agent ensure effective performance of their operations and property maintenance, establishing and maintaining standards, goals, objectives and priorities and ensuring the Portfolio is maintained at all times within reasonable cost parameters to contribute to a quality, safe and healthy Office environment.
- Monitor monthly performance of Managing Agents against the annual property budget, contract terms and conditions and KPI management.
- Provide monthly reports to senior management across a number portfolio performance KPIs.
- Ensure the asset is properly maintained at all times, through the implementation of PPMS and LCCA and general best practice Facilities Management (via outsourced Managing Agent contract terms).
- Routine minimum weekly property inspections – including completion of inspection checklist and Enablon reporting.
- Capital works programme: Project management and stakeholder liaison.
- Maximising efficiencies in Property Management function, Procurement opportunities and delivery model.
- Providing accurate information to valuers on monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitoring of bad debt and providing instructions to Managing Agents and agreeing payment plans subject to relevant approvals
Dimensions (skills, experience and capabilities):
- Relevant tertiary qualifications combined with advanced subject matter knowledge across the function and advanced people management skills.
- Experience in asset management across all sectors and/or knowledge of the property management industry, contract management principles and process, and property and facilities management principles and relevant legislation (including Occupational Health and Safety regulations).
- Computing skills with capabilities in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to facilitate communication with a range of different stakeholder groups.
- Use and knowledge of ARGUS preferred
- Experience in Landlord and Tenant matters and Lease compliance in for office asset
- Strong numerical and financial management skills combined with the ability to analyse reports and present to senior stakeholders.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
Competencies / Behaviours
- Health and Safety
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Communication & Influence
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Performance, Drive and Results Delivery
For further information please contact Hannah –
020 3574 4121