Our client is a leading global real estate development, investment and capital management company. They currently manage several REITs and private equity real estate funds amounting to circa $40 billion of office, retail, logistics, industrial, residential, corporate housing and student accommodation properties across Asia Pacific, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Our client is expanding its investments in Europe and requires additional resources for its Finance department where the successful Senior Accountant will be supporting the Finance Manager and Financial Controller ensuring a consistently smooth set of accounting functions. You will be acting as a link between the Finance and Operations teams based in the UK.
- Providing financial accounting, management reporting and business partnering support for a number of student accommodation properties and holding companies;
- Ensuring timely month-end closing, balance sheet reconciliations; preparation of management reporting, including the review of accounts prepared by property managers/operators/outsourced agents;
- Being actively involved in the preparation of financial statements for audit, handling tax matters, budgeting and forecasting;
- Performing credit reviews for potential tenants and suppliers.
- Implementing group policies, processes and systems;
- Providing financial project management support for asset enhancement initiatives and development projects;
- Ensuring internal control and compliance.
- Ability to review financial information and summarise issues concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) at all levels across the company.
- An analytical approach to work performed.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to seek understanding and provide challenge where necessary.
- Able to initiate and implement changes to improve processes in terms of efficiency and/or quality.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines and dealing with competing and changing priorities.
- Responsible and organised.
- Enjoy being part of a highly motivated team.
- Personable individual, able to communicate at all levels, both internal and external, in a clear and articulate manner.
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load.
- Show initiative.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications (minimum requirements for the job)
- AAT/ACCA qualified Accountant (or equivalent).
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel.
- Good knowledge of local accounting standards and IFRS.
- Minimum of 2/3 years relevant financial experience in the real estate industry.
- Experience working with large excel financial models.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills, able to interface with colleagues internally and on a cross-border/remote basis and third parties.
- Experience in (or exposure to) SAP software and processes.