A fantastic opportunity to work for a market leading employer with one of the most outstanding shopping portfolios in the country, that redefines retail. The company offers competitive employee benefits, a high achieving work environment and the opportunity for employees to grow their careers within the company.
The key objective of this role is to support the Development Directors and the Executive Director.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Driving all relevant company departments to deliver development, large Asset Management projects and non-retail projects (such as hotels, offices & residential opportunities) to the targets set
- Ensuring rapid feedback to Development Directors on options for creating better value and balancing proposals with alternative land-development for mixed use and retail mix proposals
- Supporting Design and Construction (D&C) to “clear a path for them to build”
- Input into successful planning approvals and Compulsory Purchase Orders by participating in design guidance, policy consultation, public consultation processes and regional & local policy making and all other third party matters
- Performance management of internal, consultant and sub-contractor teams, reporting against a bespoke KPI process
- Ensuring developer, owner, designers ,contractors and tenants comply fully with development obligations
- Implement change control processes system that are transparent, trackable and value adding
- Adherence to Development Agreements in association with Development Executive /Director
- Lead and chair project meetings including with different company departments and third party meetings as appropriatet
- Raising and coordinating Change Controls and ensuring implementation
- Managing design reviews through proper briefings and ensuring engagement
- Liaison with Owner / Owners Representative re costs, programming and quality
- Risk mitigation; identify all obstacles to the whole project; report to Development and Construction Directors
- Oversee Corporate Social Responsibility reporting
- Holistic and Continual audit of project
- Technical interface into Landlord provision of ITS, private electricity supplies and condenser water supplies , CCHP supplies and the like
Pre – Construction stage specific responsibilities:
- Management and procurement of development surveys and other consultant services, orders , payments and cost control
- Lead liaison in discharge of non-design Planning Conditions and S 106 (UK) requirements e.g. nature, archaeological and controlling matrix of discharge of Planning Conditions, way leaves, crane over-sailing rights, other third party rights
- Leading Value Engineering workshops and driving cost saving objectives
- Full pre-construction role ensuring input from Construction Director and Estimating Director and Group Planning Manager
- Ensuring priorities of the Concept Design Team are met with proper Briefs and cost parameters
- Input into quality management, design and construction works
- Support to D&C in procurement and appointment of and liaison with all design sub-consultants fee negotiations and payments
- Technical support as required to design function to facilitate Construction input into design
- Lead contact in conjunction with Development Director/Executive in management of design and construction concepts and solutions affecting third party interests and Stakeholders
- Technical liaison with Centre Management, Legal and other Westfield departments
- Promotion of schemes in all its aspects
Construction stage specific responsibilities:
- Confirm any Development Project Manager Staff support
- Technical assistance to Construction Director especially for project history
- Liaison with Construction on retail delivery strategy and processes
- Overview from a Development perspective the Construction performance
- Technical input into development agreement and Owner’s Requirements Documents, JV Agreements and the like
- Ensuring closedown and handover procedures for JV and Owner are completed and all stakeholder requirements are met
- Management of insurance claims with WEL Risk Department and D&C
- Management of independent employers agents, completion certifiers, independent QS and the like
- Continuous and close management of change control
Anchor and major tenant specific responsibilities:
- For anchor tenants
- Negotiate / agree specifications and technical input to Agreement for Lease (AFL)’s including ensuring Construction input
- In conjunction with D&C, monitor and manage retail delivery process and budget (all tenants)
- Principal point of contact for retailers on completion of AFL with respect to D&C
- Monitor tenant shop-fit compliance in conjunction with D&C
- Issuing or ensuring the correct business area issue all notices as required for AFL’s
- Arranging key milestone meetings with tenants and their teams to update progress of the approvals process and fit out works on site
- Managing and co-ordinating the process of taking tenants through the construction stage working closely with Retail Design Managers and Construction
- Ensuring tenants shop-fit and commissioning are in accordance with the Fit out Guide in conjunction with D & C
- Arranging and attending final inspection of tenants premises and coordinate the “Consent to trade “ process
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Experience in the project procurement process, preferably from conception to completion on medium to large scale projects
- An understanding of planning, property acquisition, design, cost management, procurement documentation and scoping of construction works
- Knowledge of current construction techniques and materials, including ‘buildability’ issues
- A particular bent for cost and commercial management with detailed knowledge of cost controls and performance measures, including construction trends and practices
- Experience and knowledge in current project management and planning technique
- Be a member or working towards membership of a recognised professional body either in construction or project management
Values & behaviours:
- Drive forward actions with a strong sense of pace and encouragement of creative solutions - have a hunger for delivering results.
- Focus on achieving high standards by working on your own initiative and taking accountability for results.
- Be proactive, focussed and resilient whilst maintaining an adaptive approach.
- Have an open and transparent communication style with the ability to listen, influence and challenge appropriately.
- Cultivate close working relationships within team and colleagues to drive win-win execution.
- Take a fresh & unrestrictive view on current ways of doing things to stimulate innovation and new approaches.
- Embrace change by fostering state-of-the-art knowledge and technology trends to sustain the company's competitive edge.
- Desire and ability to question and challenge the status quo and build compelling cases for change while still working effectively within a team.
- Be committed, motivated and passionate about our people and our company.
If this is of interest then please do not hesitate to contact me on +447545535563 or +442037095088