An exciting opportunity to join an expanding Facilities Management team within a global property organisation. The position is based in their Head Office in Central London looking after the portfolio of a well-recognised client. AIRPM / IOSH ideally preferred for the position.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To support Residential Property Managers in the delivery of a high quality management service, for the benefit of the clients and residents of the portfolio
Reports to: Senior Regional Facilities Manager
Responsible For: Facility Management of a portfolio of sites
- Ensure that the Operation Reporting System and Health & Safety systems are up to date and complete at all times and where it is the responsibility of Building Managers, to oversee that this is carried out.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including S20 Consultation and compliance. IOSH qualifications or commitment to the same is essential.
- Prepare each site for risk assessment
- Ensuring that a full set of risk assessments is held at each property and uploaded to the Operation Reporting System and that action plans are implemented diligently and competently at all times.
- Ensure that monthly checklists are completed and uploaded on to the Health & Safety system, within the appropriate timescales.
- To act as a mentor to any appointed Assistant Facilities Managers and ensure that their development and progression is managed to allow them the best chance of success.
- Monitor all site personnel on a day to day basis and feedback any performance or conduct issues to the relevant Property Manager.
- Record utility consumption at all sites and update the Operation Reporting System accordingly.
- Meet with residents onsite as required.
- Pass on residents’ enquiries to the Assistant Property Manager the same day.
- Inspect all properties on frequency specified by the Property Manager, although site conditions may dictate a higher frequency than prescribed. In the event of emergency situations, act as first point of contact, attend the property as soon as feasible and report back to relevant personnel.
- Where required, conduct and record vacant property inspections in line with insurance requirements.
- Ensure that high site standards, in respect of cleaning, repair and presentation are achieved and maintained at all times, within property budget constraints.
- Instruct and manage repairs and maintenance
- Evaluate existing contractual relationships and ensure that the service provided by contractors, is in line with the agreed specification. Ensure that any shortcomings in service delivery, are dealt with swiftly and reported back to the Property Manager and Procurement & Contract Management Team.
- Tender, procure and manage maintenance agreements.
- Monitor contractor performance and quality of works conducting random spot checks, providing feedback on performance
- Monitor project works and keep the Property Manager up to date on progress and issues.
- Liaise with team support staff regarding licenses to alter, be alert and report visible works within apartments. Monitor leaseholder alterations and advise the Property Manager of any works noted of which the Regional Facilities Manager has not been made aware.
- Project manage end of tenancy works as required.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual service charge budget by completing a first draft with explanatory notes detailing your recommendations and financial requests to ensure the Property Manager is aware of all operational needs for each managed property.
- Approve expenditure invoices, if required to do so, using the relevant invoicing approval systems.
- Ensure that the Property Manager is kept fully informed as to site issues at all times and hold face to face meetings with the office based property management teams on a regular basis.
- Manage and liaise with all management, technical and administration staff, on strategic and operation/service delivery issues.
- Establish and implement best practice, whilst ensuring safe working practices are complied with at all times.
- Ensure appropriate, clear communication lines are established and maintained with all relevant parties, to include property managers, accounts team, residents, suppliers and clients.
- Attendance at internal training courses are compulsory, as is the self identification of training needs.
- Mobilisation of new sites as requested and efficient hand over of sold/lost sites to incoming agents.
- Efficient and thorough handover of existing sites between RFM’s as and when required by an reallocation of the portfolio
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven Residential Facilities Management experience - AIRPM or equivalent industry recognised qualification preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge
- Excellent communicator and contractor relationship skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Good team player