POSITION TITLE: Property Manager
REPORT TO: Senior Property Manager
Our client, a renowned property agent in south west London, are looking for an experienced Property Manager to join their head office in Wimbledon.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the properties within your portfolio are effectively and productively managed on behalf of our clients.
- Provide relevant information, following a system alert, to branches on any issues relating to your managed properties
- Contact new landlords once the ‘offer agreed’ letter has been issued to introduce and market the company’s property management service.
- Ensure that Gas Safety Registration certificates and Electrical Installation Condition Reports have been received for all new tenancies.
- Arrange annual gas and electrical safety inspections for all properties in your portfolio.
- Action any requests from landlords to carry out maintenance at the properties we manage on their behalf.
- Raise Work Orders, obtain quotes (where necessary) and organise maintenance to be carried out on managed properties in your portfolio where the need has been identified in any check-in or check-out report.
- Ensure that contractors raise their invoices promptly, enter them into RADAR and post to the relevant client’s rent account on a timely basis.
- Act as the contact point for tenants who have issues with their tenancy/landlord. Organise locksmiths and industrial cleaners etc. to attend properties managed by us following a tenant eviction, as instructed by the landlord.
- Raise Work Orders for any refurbishment work to be undertaken on a client’s property upon their instruction. Supply quotations and appoint contractors following agreement with the client.
- Manage any refurbishment projects you have responsibility for in line with company procedures
- Manage the process of returning deposits to former tenants.
- Manage the internal processes relating to insurance claims, meeting loss adjusters, supervising works and securing repayment from insurance companies, as required.
- Handle and attempt to resolve any complaints you receive and where you cannot, escalate them to the Senior Property Manager.
- Arrange and complete bi-annual property visits.
- Complete any other work to support the management of your property portfolio as designated to you from time to time.
- Has a track record of success in a similar role within the property management function of a residential lettings agent.
- Has experience of successfully managing third party contractors and manages projects effectively.
- Has NFoPP Level 3 Technical Award in Residential Letting and Property Management
- IT literate & clear and concise communication skills.
- Excellent relationship builder, customer focused.
- Strong attention to detail, must be organised and be able to meet deadlines.
- Resilient and tactful. Listens and is able to negotiate difficult issues through to a satisfactory outcome for all parties concerned.
- Contributes to the success of the wider team, is an effective team player and is willing to help others where required.
- Basic salary £31,000
- Bonus scheme, OTE £35,000