An exciting oppoortunity to join an expanding, well-respected organisation, responsible for the collection of ground rent and the day to day management of the properties owned by the Fund. The company continues to grow and now manages circa 70,000 residential units throughout the United Kingdom.
This position has been created to enable the business to monitor the actions of its appointed agents, or the RMC’s and their agents.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Management of a team of 2 and reporting directly to the associate director.
- Taking responsibility for oversight for the property management portfolio.
- Ensuring that all properties where clients have direct management obligations have professional and reputable managing agents appointed on up to date management agreements, and that all statutory requirements relating to the portfolio including for fire, health & safety and risk assessment are monitored and implemented or advised
- Regular liaison with all appointed managing agents to assess performance and issues arising on the portfolio, and building relationships with 3rd party appointed agents for other parts of the portfolio;
- Site inspections, if required, at properties where property management issues arise.
- Liaison with other departments within such as the Commercial/Asset Management Team, Consents, Insurance and Legal Department to assist with any related matters.
- Monitoring of our agents service charge budgets and accounts.
- Dealing with all queries/complaints about agents/companies present and complaints between neighbours where an agent is appointed.
- Dealing with all queries from agents and third parties regarding our properties.
- Assist with supporting information for relevant recovery of service charges and actions being taken by the agents
- Overseeing Right To Manage claims with our legal team.
- Updating the database with current agent/company details.
- Collection of bi-annual Management Fees.
- Attendance of agent (and possibly company) review meetings to discuss site management.
Skills and knowledge. Essential:
- At least 1 year of experience of working within the property management industry or with residential service charges
- Experience of Landlord and Tenant legislation with ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with suitable accountability.
- Good organisation skills.
- Polite and well presented.
- Competent using standard Microsoft packages particularly excel.
- Able to work according to set procedures and follow instructions.
- Proven experience of building and maintaining relationships with external suppliers and clients.
Skills and knowledge. Desirable:
- At least AIRPM Qualified.
- Previous experience of working within the Landlord and Tenant legislation.
- Any knowledge of the Qube property management system.