As the Head of Land, you will be responsible for creating a land opportunity pipeline, and drive acquisition of strategic land sites for our Client in London in consultation with the Development and Acquisition verticals. You will also be responsible for all land purchase activity by contributing to and overseeing the ultimate acquisition of quality development locations across the region for land targets to be met, and for ensuring that the maximum contribution is achieved from all land purchases. You should be highly-driven, self-motivated and open to fixing targets that align with the long-term vision of our Client. You should be able to articulate the company mission and vision well to instil their work culture and achieve the overall business goals.
Education & Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of the UK property market with reference to understanding of land
- Experience in acquiring strategic land sites
- Proven track record of deals
- Negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of planning policy and framework
- Experience in London land market
- Good network and following
- High performance-oriented role in successful business
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Increase the land opportunity pipeline
- Streamline and introduce new channels for sourcing
- Accountable for sourcing set number of deals and closing
- Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within the Divisional geographical area, in pursuit of opportunities for the company.
- Act as a conduit between the Land and other internal departments, together with other divisions and Group, to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process
- Responsible for effectively managing the division’s Land function to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, the Department maximises revenue generation and contribution to the division’s operating profit and increases the value added to the division.
- Responsible for all land purchase activity and for maintaining the division’s land schedule.
- Ensure that land procurement is compliant with annual budgets and forecasts and that the Division’s and Group’s requirements for land acquisition are fully complied with.
- Contribute to the Annual Strategy Plan and, in consultation with the MD and other divisional directors, devise and implement appropriate land acquisition strategies within the division.
- Responsible for all projects from initial site identification, appraisal and approval to the point of purchase and implementable planning consent being obtained, in line with budgets; and for liaising with all internal departments and external consultants/authorities accordingly
- Ensure the right calibre of staff are recruited, and in accordance with company policy and procedures
Contact Nickleby Evans 020 3709 5085 firstname.lastname@example.org