A leading UK property development business is looking for a Financial Controller to join their Central London finance team.
About the Financial Controller role:
Reporting directly into the Finance Director, the person will be responsible for supporting various exciting developments across UK, from finance department perspective.
The successful Financial Controller will have an ACA / ACCA background, with further experience spent in industry. Real estate exposure is highly desirable.
Communication skills and the ability to present at a senior level are vital for this position, as is the ability to get stuck in to whatever ad hoc projects come through.
Your key responsibilities include:
- To carry out financial due diligence on prospective contractors for project works
- To assist FD on investment appraisal on a project level and assist in monitoring the project profitability during the construction phase
- To manage a team of three and be responsible for their development and performance appraisal
- To process and manage all bank payments to investors and vendors
- To process monthly Pay roll for all employees and contractors
- To review/ compute sales staff commission calculation and capital raising team’s commission against loan agreement subject to company’s commission policy
- To provide accurate analysis of project expenses from the accounting system to Development managers
- To review and control expenditure across various development projects.
- To review and report on projects to investors and lenders
- To review and control Accounts payables and manage cash flow for parent company and subsidiaries.
- To forecast project cash flow as accurately as possible.
- To prepare monthly cash flow for the parent company
- To prepare management accounts for the parent company and all SPVs set up for each project development and to prepare consolidated group accounts.
- Filing returns with HMRC for CIS, VAT, CT61 and Payroll including P11d and P60s. Liaising with HMRC for any VAT, CIS audit and providing necessary information when required.
- To manage the formation of new companies with Companies house and liaising with HMRC for company incorporation
- Co-ordinate and complete ad-hoc Group requests
- Help ensure compliance of sites with relevant financial and statutory regulations including CCL licences, Money Laundering regulations
- Preparing and reviewing accounts for all SPVs and filing it with Companies house and HMRC
Contact Louisa Dickins 020 3947 3253 email@example.com