An exciting opportunity to be a part of a well-respected Residential Agent, to ensure that the Building and Estate is maintained to the high standards expected and detailed by the Client, Landlord and Managing Agent.
The main responsibility of the position is to manage the Building and Estate, its infrastructure and employees and overseeing the day-to-day operations ensuring that all services and activities are carried out in a professional, safe and effective manner in accordance with best practice standards as well as all legislative requirements.
NEBOSH/IOSH/MBIFM is ideally required.
Working with the General Manager (GM):
- To ensure that the Building is kept up to the high standards expected by the landlord and Managing Agent and that the Building and Estate runs efficiently.
- To effectively manage and monitor concierge, doorman, porter/parker staff performance and that their work is maintained and completed to the highest possible standard.
- To lead in respect of Health & Safety at the development by upholding the Health & Safety Policies and to ensure that any recommendations are communicated and implemented and records are updated.
- To manage the company’s Health & Safety System (Quooda) and maintain a 100% compliance
- To be conversant with all Health & Safety aspects in the leisure centre, associated plant rooms and equipment and to ensure the obligations of the landlord and management company are fully discharged.
- To line manage staff and contractors, including setting objectives and assist in carrying out appraisals and ensuring their training and development needs are fully met. To monitor performance of the maintenance and cleaning subcontractor staff.
- To undertake daily inspections to check upon the condition of the buildings and grounds, monitoring, consulting and supervising on site staff and contractors as appropriate.
- To carry out any operational management duties in the absence of the General Manager
- To assist the GM by undertaking responsibility for the operational management of the development and to undertake regular inspections of the landlord areas.
- To manage the day-to-day effectiveness of the sub-contractors, cleaning, security and daily resident requirements.
- To continually review and improve current methods and constantly develop proposals for the further improvement of these services.
- To Supervise the daily operation, inspection, RAMS and maintenance of entire site
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- To review current operational procedures for the safe and secure running of the development. To keep up to date with current legislation and to prepare and implement new procedures as required.
- To implement and maintain RAMS, with support of external consultants as appropriate.
- To instigate periodic testing of all plant, water, electrical equipment etc., as required by legislation and good practice.
- To be fully conversant with the emergency procedures for the development and ensure relevant staff is trained on emergency procedures.
- To maintain a water testing program for the buildings to prevent any diseases such as legionella.
- To enforce accident reporting procedures including follow ups and preventative actions.
- To be fully knowledgeable of the Fire /Bomb procedures for the building. To attend regular training sessions and to assist with the fire alarm test.
- Integrity and Trust
- Resilience and composure
- Planning and organising
- Applying Job Knowledge
- Delivering A Great Performance
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task.