An exciting opportunity to be a part of a well-respected Residential Agent, to ensure that the Building and Estate is maintained to the high standards expected and detailed by the Client, Landlord and Managing Agent. The purpose of the position is to manage the hard and soft facilities at the prestigious, newly-built West London Development.
Working with the General Manager:
- To ensure that the development is maintained to the high standards expected by the Landlord and Managing Agent.
- To effectively manage, motivate and monitor the security staff and estate operates performance and ensure that their work is maintained and completed to the highest possible standard.
- To lead in respect of Health & Safety at the development by upholding the Health & Safety Policies and to ensure that any recommendations are communicated and implemented and records are updated.
- To be conversant with all Health & Safety aspects in the leisure center associated plant rooms and equipment and to ensure the obligations of the landlord and managing agent are fully discharged.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Read and comply with your responsibilities in health and safety policy and arrangements
- Protect your and other people’s health and safety.
- Understand and comply with the safety rules and practices relating to your work.
- provide staff with the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision to promote and secure their health and safety at work
- Ensure that risks created by work activities are reduced as low as reasonably practicable and adequately controlled by carrying out risk assessments
- Set a good example by complying with health and safety requirements at all times, and act immediately upon any observed or reported breach of safety rules
- Ensure that all aspects of the relevant health and safety policies and procedures are complied with and accurately reflect working practices
- Ensure occupiers and staff are provided with a safe environment
- Ensure that contractors are properly selected and adequately managed and monitored in relation to health and safety
- To line manage designated staff, including setting objectives and assist in carrying out appraisals and ensuring their training and development needs are fully met in line with procedures. To monitor performance of the maintenance and cleaning subcontractor staff.
- To undertake daily inspections to check upon the condition of the buildings and grounds, monitoring, consulting and supervising on site staff and contractors as appropriate.
- To carry out any operational management duties in the absence of the General Manager
- To investigate complete residents / owners requirements, diagnose work/actions required and develop processes and procedures to ensure that they are prioritised and delivered correctly.
- To establish excellent internal & external relationships with all parties by communicating realistic accurate advice, guidance and information.
- To continue to develop the Facilities Management System and associated reporting software.
- To manage the day-to-day effectiveness of the caretaking, cleaning, security and courier/transport services. To critically review current methods and constantly develop proposals for the further improvement of these services.
- To Supervise the daily operation, inspection and maintenance of: All plant rooms; access equipment; door access. CCTV. Fire and smoke detection and the life safety systems; building management systems
- To supervise the work of contractors employed in respect of property maintenance etc., to operate a permit to work system and to ensure that the site rules are adhered to. To ensure all public areas including the front entrance, lobby, corridors, lifts, signs, windows and external areas, patios, gardens etc. are kept clean and tidy at all times and that staff working areas, rest rooms etc are also clean and tidy.
- To ensure that any stock held is listed and kept to the stock level and to place any orders if necessary in conjunction with the GM.
- To ensure that all residents and visitors are properly greeted and to assist and ensure that owners/residents in offering a complete Concierge service.
- Liaising effectively with the residents, owners and the engineering team, establishing and maintaining excellent customer relationships and developing confidence in our systems and processes
- To assist the GM in dealing with any requests, telephone enquiries, minor complaints, correspondence and e-mails and ensuring they are dealt with efficiently and correctly.
- To be familiar with the entire building and to ensure that the Concierge and Security staff are also familiar.
- To regularly inspect the Concierge diary to ensure the diary and hand over book are kept up to date and have all relevant information written down to ensure a smooth and professional hand over between shifts.
- To review current operational procedures for the safe and secure running of the development. To keep up to date with current legislation and to prepare and implement new procedures as required.
- To instigate periodic testing of all plant, water, electrical equipment etc., as required by legislation and good practice.
- To be fully conversant with the emergency procedures for the development and ensure relevant staff is trained on emergency procedures.
- To maintain a water testing program for the buildings to prevent any diseases such as legionella
- To enforce accident reporting procedures
- To be fully knowledgeable of the Fire /Bomb procedures for the building. To attend regular training sessions and to assist with the fire alarm test.
- Such other duties as the priorities of the business may demand from time to time.