An exciting opportunity to join a growing Corporate Estate Management team within a widely recognised, professional services and investment management firm specialising in real estate. As Estate Manager, you will be directly responsible for a portfolio for a retail client, primarily responsible for soft facilities for their sites. Circa 5 years+ experience is preferred.
Objective of Role
The Estates Manager will be directly responsible for the provision of defined services to a retail client in one or more managed properties. The client will generally be the occupier of part of the whole of the building and share these sites with 3rd party tenants. The Estates Manager will be expected provide the services to sites nationwide although the role is primarily office-based.
The Estates Manager will report to and seek direction from the lead CEM Facilities Manager, but is also expected to develop a close working relationship with the clients Property Managers. The Estates Manager will work as part of a dedicated portfolio team with Property Managers, Surveying Executives, Graduates and Client Accountants.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Report to Property Managers in accordance with an agreed procedure, ensuring the CEM Lead Facilities Manager is kept informed on matters relating to standards of estates management
- To regularly liaise with occupiers and be the principal point of contact for advice and guidance in connection with the day-to-day physical operation of the building.
- Inform Property Managers of any occupier matters that occur on site including assistance in monitoring Tenant’s compliance with covenants.
- To assist the Property Management team in the financial management of the property through the preparation of service charge budgets, the monitoring of agreed budgets to pre-defined cash limits, quarterly variance reporting and contributing to the service charge reconciliation
- To manage raising purchase orders, and personally authorise orders and approve invoices through the system in accordance with agreed limits.
- To ensure reactive maintenance and day-to-day service requirements are undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- The Estates Manager is to establish and maintain high quality health and safety arrangements, in accordance with guidelines provided by the client, who retain overall responsibility for the management of H&S. The Estates Manager is to work with store managers and safety consultants to ensure all risks identified in the independent Risk Assessments are properly addressed.
- Establish and maintain proper site records in accordance with best practice rules.
- Responsible for routine correspondence using standard documents and templates as appropriate.
- To monitor vacant/void property in conjunction with the Management contract and best practise.
- To assist with the inspection programme in accordance with the requirements of the contract and prior agreement of the CEM Lead Facilities Manager..
- Suggest ways in which money can be saved either by the client or another supplier, for instance through greater efficiency, different methods of providing Services and use of different materials.
- Estates or Property Manager with a minimum of experience of 5 years
- Experience of providing input into service charge budget preparation
- Awareness of H&S Legislation
- Good knowledge of Soft Facilities