An exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing international property company specialising in Development, Capital, Sales, Lettings and Management of London property to local and international investors. The company already owns landmark developments within London with multiple new acquisitions in the pipeline.
As Director of Freehold & Building Management, a qualified candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Freehold portfolio, Building and Asset Management services.
This individual will have a partnership with the Development and Acquisition verticals to build a pipeline for Freehold portfolio. This individual will develop the long-term Asset Management and Building Management practices by benchmarking them against international standards.
The individual should be highly driven, self-motivated and creative in the long-term vision of the company; should be able to articulate company mission and vision well to achieve overall business goals.
Education & Experience
- A degree in Real Estate or Building Management or Building Engineering or Construction Management or Business Administration
- 7-10 years’ experience in dealing with all matters relating to Freehold properties (sites with multiple dwellings), understanding the lease, calculation of service charges, monitoring the collection of ground rents in time
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirement for Freehold, Asset Management andBuilding Management
- Has demonstrated an ability to understand the business and adapt their approach as the portfolio evolves
Duties & Responsibilities
- Report to Chairman or as he directs
- Manage the current Freehold portfolio
- Partner with the Development and Acquisition teams on acquiring new freehold portfolio; participate in the drafting of leases of new developments to maximize the benefits of
- Prepare Roadmap to continuously expand the Freehold portfolio
- Manage the Asset Management Division, which is also responsible for building management for the Freehold portfolio
- Monitor and achieve the highest standard of services in the concierge and building management services
- Own budget planning and P&L for both Freehold Portfolio Division and Building Management Team
- Work with shared service team to define a short-term and long-term strategy for both divisions
- Overseeing building management practices, fire safety, electrical safety, environment, and others
- Set up and monitor emergency response teams in locating building sections, evacuating occupants and containing an emergency
- Preparing Building Management budgets taking into consideration long-term impacts on the company’s bottom-line
- Attend Body Corporate meetings to provide insights useful in taking appropriate decisions for proper building management
- Manage the relationships with vendors in establishing and growing business
- Maintain highest quality of service to our customers
- Demonstrates an ability to create clear and compelling vision & strategies for achieving them; Approaches issues strategically and critically assesses the situation; Inspires staff to develop vision & strategies and implement them; Identifies issues, hurdles, and intervenes; able to select the right people at the right time and demonstrate an ability to develop high performing teams.
- Understands personal strengths and weaknesses and improves upon them; Adapts personal style to that of his staff, colleagues, clients, etc. for productive interactions; Sound interpersonal skills; Empathetic when dealing with conflict or emotional situations; Drives meaningful conversations and accords top priority to people.
- Comfortable in dealing with complex problems; Effectively analyses key factors and takes decision in time; Demonstrates a sense of urgency in decision-making; Engages others in taking decision and leverages colleagues or looks for untried sources in achieving creative and innovative solutions.
- Promotes a collaborative and cooperative environment; Demonstrates an ability to orchestrate teamwork within department as well as across Functions and Verticals; Builds high performing teams with right people and specific goals & objectives followed by feedback to the team’s progress; Defuses conflicts and gets teams to work together in a harmonious and productive manner.
- Develops and executes thoughtful plans in time and effectively; Result-oriented; Displays patience and tenacity in frustrating situations; Finds best options to achieve desired results; Provides on-going feedback to staff; Develops goals and objectives, does so at the beginning of the process, and engages staff; Sets metrics and holds people accountable.
- Sets and communicates clear objectives to people, manager, and colleagues; Open mind when listening to staff, as well as others; Complete and thorough understanding of situations; Understands audience, how best to communicate with them, and adapts communication style and/or forms of communication to meet audience’s needs.
Norms, Values, Behaviours:
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Works in a collaborative and cooperative manner (role model teamwork; regularly looks to engage other staff within and outside of his department to ensure the best results; works for the greater good)
- Is a passionate advocate for creating a learning environment (creates an environment where employees “feel safe” in challenging the status quo, trying innovative ideas, not afraid to fail with the idea of continuous improvement)
- Sense of Urgency (always works with an attitude of being responsive to customer and employee needs. Doing what it takes to provide responses in the most efficient manner and with the highest quality