The Development Manager will be responsible to get the best possible outturn from the developments once acquired. This role will require a self-driven individual capable of driving items to conclusion. Our client focuses on the residential market and their experienced team and vast knowledge of the property market has formed them an excellent reputation for superb execution.
The Development Manager will be responsible for day to day project progression with a goal of producing the best possible outcome for projects. This mainly post-acquisition role will start with assisting the Development Director on initial strategy for their schemes, planning permission processes, assembling a team of designers & consultants and driving the process to develop tender packages, review bids and award contractors. They must be able to develop and maintain the logical programme of events and keep track of meeting milestone goals.
The Development Manager will be responsible for coordinating with sales strategies, marketing campaigns and ongoing liaising with project founders.
Key Skills / Experience
- Forming teams (both employed and Consultant) to execute the project both in Construction and Property Development disciplines
- Managing project design team consisting of Architect, Structural Engineer, M&E Consultant, Interior Designer, Fire Engineer, Acoustic Engineer etc.
- Forming tender packs
- Client’s management of Main Contractor
- Managing programme and financial delivery of projects Party Wall matters
- Collateral Warranties
- Different Forms of Contract
- Assist in provision of reports for Funder’s valuing surveyor
- Coordination with sales team
- Assist in corresponding with legal team
- Comprehensive range of skills in planning, estimating, buying and project cost control. Site acquisition and appraisals
- Assist in Development funding
- Assist in obtaining planning approvals on difficult sites through negotiation with Local Authority. S106 agreements with LA.
- Assist in S104 agreements with Water Authorities.
- Assist in negotiation of option agreements for proposed development.
- Good ability to secure work from the content and presentation of a tender.
- Production of cash flow statements to ensure that budgets and targets are being monitored and realised
- Commercial awareness established from self-employed period of career
- Comprehensive knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC Standards, Lifetime Homes and BREEAM. Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety, affiliation with IOSH as a Tech member
- Comprehensive knowledge of M&E, BMS and HVAC and EPOS
- Good IT skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and use of Internet to obtain technical information and communication with others
- Broad knowledge of JCT Contract variations particularly with Contractor's Design, Standard, Minor Works, Intermediate and Design and Build
- Broad knowledge of Inland Revenue CIS scheme and all relevant tax issues including VAT.
- Obtaining the best performance from all involved in a team and helping the team realise their potential and develop their own careers. Organising social activities for Company staff