Our client is a leading commercial real estate services company, providing a full range of services to real estate occupiers, developers and investors on a local, national and international basis.
The role will require you to provide Building Surveying and Contract Administration Services to both Landlord and Occupier clients in the office, industrial, retail, licensed & leisure and private healthcare sectors. Whilst you will be based in the London office and will predominately undertake work in the local region; you may also be required to service instructions throughout the UK and occasionally overseas. You will be expected to take ownership of client instructions, engaging directly with the client and being responsible for financial control of the instruction, including the raising of fee accounts and working towards meeting an individual annual fee target.
You will report to the Director in charge of the Building Surveying and Project Management Department. Initially working under the direct supervision of senior colleagues, you will be encouraged and expected to work quickly towards independence and working without direct supervision.
- Preparation of Specifications and Contract Documents for repair, refurbishment, alteration and fit-out projects
- Technical Due-diligence (Pre-Acquisition Building Surveyors)
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations for Landlords and Tenants
- Schedules of Condition
- Party Wall Matters
- Building Insurance Reinstatement Cost Assessments
- Development Monitoring for Banks, Occupiers and Institutions
- Personally producing work for Clients in accordance with the division’s performance and best practice standards
- Meeting personal performance targets.
- Continuously improving, and adding to, personal skills and knowledge base.
- Maintaining contact with Clients and RM’s so that relationships can be effectively and efficiently managed
- Seeking to develop new business, including cross-selling, identification of new business markets/sectors, and product improvement
- Maintaining excellent business awareness
- Maintaining an understanding of, and help achieve, the goals of the Department
- Be expected to participate and support the department’s business development activities, and represent the department at both internal and external networking events
- In addition to servicing the clients of the Building Surveying and Project Management Division, you will also be expected to work as part of a team in receiving and processing instructions referred to the department from property management and agency teams also based in the London office.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Must possess excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must have proficient IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be willing to learn, to be proactive, and to contribute to the success of the Department
Qualifications and experience
- Must possess the relevant degree of practical experience as a Building Surveyor within the commercial property market
- Must be an MRICS qualified Building Surveyor and possess good technical and market knowledge
Contact Robert Cripps 020 3947 3259 email@example.com