Opportunity to be a part of an expanding team providing Estate & Block Management to some of the UK's most highly regarded developers and their developments. This Associate Director position is within an award winning managing agent that successfully maintains one of the largest and most diverse residential property portfolios in the UK.
You will be responsible for ensuring complete and effective operational management of a portfolio of residential developments, whilst mentoring, training and advising Estates Managers in undertaking their duties.
The right candidate will ideally have MIRPM/AIRPM and AssocRICS which is preferred but not essential.
- Provide support to Estates Management staff allocated to the London Portfolio regarding general Estate Management day to day issues.
- Ensure that Estate Management staff within the London Team comply with operating procedures including monitoring of performance and reacting to any deviations from expectations.
- Assist with the implementation of new training procedures as required, in consultation with the Regional Operations Director.
- Ensure that the Estates Management staff tasked to the London Portfolio are motivated and managed to ensure effective operational performance; time and task management and effective communications
- Provide additional support to Senior / Estates Managers within the London region
- Ensure that Estates Managers tasked to the London region retain stringent operational awareness of actions being requested of contractors, where works tasked should be in accordance with the Senior /Estates Manager’s requirements and instructions.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and that all mechanical and electrical equipment throughout the London Portfolio is maintained and serviced in accordance with best practice.
- Record and assess contractor performance throughout the London Portfolio and liaise with Estates Managers and the Regional Operations Director to undertake changes as and when required, where a contractor’s efforts do not meet our requirements.
- Implement planned maintenance schedules throughout the London Portfolio in accordance with best practice, contractual obligations and as per legislation.
- Provide additional support to Senior / Estates Managers within the London region, where major works are scheduled ensuring that consultation has occurred in accordance with legislation, company policy and best practice, together with the overall scope of the planned works.
- Provide direct assistance to Senior / Estates Managers within the London region that require assistance to liaise with Resident Management Company Directors and with recognised Residents Association Committee Members.
- Keep up to date with existing and changing legislation and ensure the company’s London operations comply with legislative requirements.
- Ensure that exceptional customer relationships are developed and retained by Estates Teams tasked to the London region. Estates Teams should be attentive, practical, proactive and eager to progress matters arising promptly to a satisfactory conclusion at all times.
- Ensure the regular inspection of all schemes within each Senior / Estates Managers London portfolio and that the calibre and standard of inspections and inspection reports are thorough, precise and reflective.
Experience of customer service
Experience of managing a busy and demanding workload.
Exhibit confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
High standards of personal presentation.
Meticulous attention to detail.
Eloquent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent team working and people skills.
Professional telephone manner and overall demeanour.
Ability to multitask and prioritise a busy workload.
Ability to solve problems.
Capable of working on own initiative and managing own workload effectively, and as part of a team.
Capable of formatting and presenting information to high standards.
Effective time management.
Strong organisational skills.