POSITION TITLE: Assistant Property Manager
REPORT TO: Senior Property Manager
Our client, a renowned property agent in south west London, are looking for an experienced Assistant Property Manager to join their head office in Wimbledon.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the properties within your portfolio are effectively and productively managed on behalf of our clients.
- Contact new landlords once the ‘offer agreed’ letter has been issued to introduce. and market the company’s property management service.
- Ensure that Gas Safety Registration certificates and Electrical Installation Condition. Reports have been received for all new tenancies.
- Arrange annual gas and electrical safety inspections for all properties.
- Action any requests from landlords to carry out maintenance at the properties we manage on their behalf.
- Raise Work Orders, obtain quotes (where necessary.)
- Act as the contact point for tenants who have issues with their tenancy/landlord.
- Organise locksmiths and industrial cleaners etc. to attend properties managed by us following a tenant eviction, as instructed by the landlord.
- Raise Work Orders for any refurbishment work to be undertaken on a client’s property upon their instruction.
- Supply quotations and appoint contractors following agreement with the client.
- Manage the process of returning deposits to former tenants.
- Manage the internal processes relating to insurance claims, meeting loss adjusters, supervising works and securing repayment from insurance companies, as required.
- Handle and attempt to resolve any complaints you receive and where you cannot, escalate them to the Senior Property Manager.
- Arrange and complete bi-annual property visits. Report any issues identified and liaise with the landlord on your findings and agree follow up action, as required.
- Generally support the management of your property portfolio
- Has some experience of working in property management within a residential lettings agent.
- Has some experience of successfully managing third party contractors and manages projects effectively.
- Working towards NFoPP Level 3 Technical Award in Residential Letting and Property Management.
- IT literate, experience using CRM preferable.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Resilient and tactful, Excellent relationship builder.
- Organised, manages routine processes well, efficient and meets deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective at solving problems and finding solutions within boundaries and knows when it is appropriate to escalate.
- Works well under pressure, remains customer focused