Opportunity to be a part of a leading and well-established property services company that manages close to 300,000 units throughout the United Kingdom.
The main job purpose is to provide assistance to the Senior Portfolio Manager(s) in the supervision of management of part of a UK wide portfolio of residential ground rent investments owned by internal and external clients.
- Day to day responsibility for a portfolio of primarily residential properties.
- Regular liaison with managing agents, leaseholders, residents, resident associations, and 3rd party management companies.
- Dealing with exceptional leaseholder issues and complaints providing prompt and pragmatic solutions to property management, or managing agent issues.
- Attending meetings with leaseholders and RA’s to build relationships and avoid RTM risk.
- Assisting with and resolving landlord and tenant issues raised by internal legal, insurance, finance, consents and asset investigations teams.
- Assisting with due diligence on acquisitions and liaison with internal teams and third party solicitors.
- Ensuring all statutory requirements relating to the portfolio including health, safety and fire risk assessment are implemented or advised.
- Site inspections where property management issues arise, or with potential acquisitions.
- Reviewing and extracting information from various sources including leases and Land Registry.
- Maintaining and updating the in-house database with correspondence and property information.
- Supervising and distributing work to Property Administrators.
- Providing support for the team in day-to-day work in circumstances where the workload so requires
Skills and Knowledge: essential
- Minimum AIRPM.
- 5 years’ experience of residential block management.
- Knowledge of RICS Residential Service Charge Code, ARMA-Q standards, health and safety regulations, Landlord & Tenant and RTM legislation, ground rents, service charge budgeting and accounts, maintenance & repairs, major works projects, s.20 consultations, FTT processes and dispute resolution.
- Well organised, strong attention to detail, excellent written/communication/CRM skills.
- Confidence in conducting and presenting meetings.
- Good proficiency and working knowledge of Cube database, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Reliability and ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and tenacious.
Skills and Knowledge: desirable
- Graduate with AssocRICS, MIRPM or MRICS professional qualification
- Previous experience working for a client side property company, ground rent investor/manager or in private practice.
- Experience of property acquisitions.
- Knowledge of property development.
- Telephone customer service
- Data input
- Working with IT: Comfortable in usage of Windows
- Letter writing/Communication
- Problem solving
- Ability to use initiative
- Organisational skills
- Working in a team: able to work in large and small teams productively and cooperatively with a variety of colleagues
- Ability to work to strict deadlines